The primary role of this position is as a Security Officer. The Security/EMT Officer is responsible for the safety of the guests, employees and visitors, and the security and control of the casino’s property and its assets. The Officer will also provide EMT support for any medical emergencies that may occur and provide initial response for all medical incidents.
Our genuine engagement and positive energy provide guests an escape from their routine into our exciting fantasy world of fun, chance, and possibility, where everyone feels a sense of belonging and importance.
Our enthusiastic commitment to our purpose inspires and empowers us to do everything right, have fun, and be the best. We will be recognized fairly, elevating our levels of personal accountability, and focus on our customer. The resulting creation of wealth will grow opportunities for all.
Wind Creek Hospitality Security Teams operate 24 hours a day/7 days a week. Days/shifts are assigned to meet the needs of the organization, and are subject to change to meet the needs of the organization. Positions include week-end and holiday shifts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to medical scenes and assesses situations
- Takes charge of all medical emergencies upon arrival at a medical scene or, if under control of a higher qualified medical person(s), documents name and qualification and assists as needed
- Trains peers in respect to the use of medical gear on an assistance basis only
- Inventory and document Trauma bags at beginning of shift, when items are used, and/or if any abnormalities exist as well as daily inventory of drug tests
- Conducts meetings with management after any changes in medical procedures or after a major medical incident
- Visually inspects the Automated External Defibrillation (AED) and oxygen supplies in accordance with the schedule set forth by the Security Director
- Conducts monthly AED inspections and completes all related paperwork with Security and control of all casino assets
- Checks identification, prevents theft, controls crowds and all aspects of guest and employee safety
- Escorts employees and guests; Provides guest service and head counting
- Writes incident reports; Reports employee violations of established policies and procedures, directives and Tribal Minimum Control Standards
- Communicates emergency procedures via radio communications
- Patrols entrance and exit doors
- Other duties & responsibilities as assigned
Job Requirements: (please ensure you meet the listed requirements prior to applying)
- High School diploma or GED required or currently enrolled and successfully complete a GED program within six (6) months from start date as a condition of continued employment
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older
- Two (2) years’ experience in law enforcement, military, corrections or other security capacity
OR two (2) years of documentable EMT experience- required
AND successfully complete at a minimum of 80% pass rate basic Security Officer training program within sixty (60) days of employment- required
- Currently hold an EMT license from the State where the property is located; National Registry as required by the State- required
- Must be able to meet and maintain a departmental physical fitness standard- required; the security department may conduct a test that is comparable to the below requirements:
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 100 lbs for a distance of 300 feet within 120 seconds
- Must be able to climb 4 flights of stairs in 80 seconds
- Must be able to run 350 ft in 90 seconds
- Annually re-test for all physical requirements
- Experienced and proficient user in Microsoft Word, Excel; a skills test will be administered and candidate must achieve at least 70% skills pass rate- required
- Good writing and verbal communication skills; a skills test will be administered and candidate must achieve at least 70% skills pass rate- required
- Experience in a security position within a casino environment- preferred
- Report writing and answering/initiating phone calls in an emergency situation- preferred
- Must successfully pass job interview, including a guest service audition
- Must complete/pass TIPS and Title#31 training as a condition of employment
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for entire shift
- Willing to work odd and irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Willing to travel and participate in training as recommended or required
- Must have a Tribal Gaming License (or the ability to obtain and maintain a license) as a requirement for this position
- Must have willingness and ability to work in a smoke/secondary smoke environment
- Must have a current State driver’s license and an insurable driving record; for purposes of driving company vehicles
NATIVE AMERICAN INDIAN PREFERENCE IN HIRING POLICY SHALL BE ADHERED TO AT ALL TIMES
On-line applications are accepted at http://www.windcreekhospitality.com/Careers. For internal employees please submit your Internal Job Posting Form to your property’s Human Resources office.
Complaints about the recruitment or selection process for employment should be directed in writing to office of the President and CEO of Wind Creek Hospitality.