Responsibilities include performing daily, weekly, and monthly accounting processes to properly record, classify, and control transactions of the property, preparing financial reports and supplemental schedules, interacting with financial accounting systems, and performing cash control and analysis of financial transactions.
Project / Fixed Asset Accounting: accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating billing variances, accountable for recording the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets.
General Ledger Accounting: accountable for creating journal entries and assembling supporting documentation, as well as for tracking the contents of accounts, creating portions of the financial statements, and writing related disclosures.
Hospitality Accounting: accountable for maintaining Hotel Receivables and Food & Beverage: investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues, validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close, Report on periodic variances and their causes, focusing in particular on spending variances
- Completes assigned duties with minimal supervision while meeting stringent deadlines.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures, Gaming Commission regulations, and internal controls.
- Performs daily, weekly, and monthly accounting processes to properly record, classify, and control financial transactions of the property.
- Prepares financial reports and supplemental schedules, interacting with financial accounting systems.
- Performs cash control and analysis of financial transactions.
- May assist with Accounts Payable functions
- May assist with Payroll functions.
- Must be physically present to work a regular, reliable, and predictable work schedule in accordance with business demands, and maintain a consistent and regular attendance record.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities, tasks, or duties as requested.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform job duties, demonstrate excellent work habits, deliver superior service to internal and external guests, exhibit the highest degree of professionalism, ethics, and integrity, and comply with all governing policies and procedures.
- Employ positive communication skills and exercise professional interpersonal abilities (tact, diplomacy, and respect) with guests and co-workers at all times.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism in the workplace, including appearance, communication, attendance, reliability, and teamwork.
- Maintain a high level of organization, including an orderly and neat work area and excellent time management skills, leading to the highest levels of productivity.
- Demonstrate a desire to succeed and willingness to help others succeed.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the position and demonstrate proficiency in the position requirements.
- Demonstrate support and comply with all Safety program elements including: adherence to policies, exercise of safe work practices, participation in training, use of protective equipment, and reporting all safety concerns, hazards, and non-compliant practices.
- Participate in open communication and provide feedback to management regarding operations, staffing, personal development, and operational productivity.
- Serve as a contributing Team Member of the Soboba Band of Luiseño Indians enhancing the Casino’s operations in all its business endeavors.
Education / Qualifications
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent, required.
- College Degree preferred.
- Excel experience a must.
- Minimum two (2) years accounting experience, required.
- Casino accounting experience preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must have strong critical thinking skills and show initiative.
- Be familiar with an accrual basis accounting system.
- Be reliable, especially during the month end financial process.
- Be able to meet the established deadlines in our accelerated month end timeline.
- Have familiarity with Fixed Asset Accounting, Bank Accounting, Inventory, COGS, Prepaid and Accrued Expenses.
- Ability to deal effectively with all staff members and casino management exercising tact, diplomacy and patience at all times.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to promote positive and professional image.
- Any combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must be able to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the United States of America.
Certificates, licenses and registration
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Soboba Tribal Gaming Commission license.
- Required to submit to and obtain negative results on all drug and/or alcohol testing.
Soboba Casino Resort Benefits
Full-time team members are eligible to participate in a variety of group health and wellness benefits upon timely submission of appropriate enrollment forms. Coverage effective dates vary by plan and additional information will be provided to you during New Hire Orientation. Benefit offerings may change from time-to-time, but presently, Soboba Casino resort offers the following:
- 401k Plan
- Basic Life Insurance employer paid ($20,000) with the option to purchase Supplemental Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental & Vision paid for the employee
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program (Annual Health Fair, Wellness Education, and Incentive Programs)
- Paid Time Off
Soboba Casino Resort Team member Recognition including, but not limited to:
- Reward and Recognition Program (Quarterly, and Annually)
- Team member Incentives