Directly oversees the slot system and supervises, develops, and provides training to all Slot
Technician team members in the general maintenance and repair of slot equipment.
▪ Maintains game security and always protects company assets.
▪ Engages guests during their play and develops relationships to create customer loyalty
and repeat visits.
▪ Manages guest disputes, issues or concerns related to the department while maintaining a
professional demeanor, balancing the need to protect assets and ensures regulatory
compliance with guest satisfaction.
▪ Manages staffing levels according to volume of business.
▪ Operates in accordance with operating budget and assists with budget preparation and
▪ Ensures compliance with all regulatory controls both internal and external including but
not limited to state and federal labor laws and the Virginia Lottery Board regulations and
▪ Hires, trains, and manages staff in accordance with organizational and approved
departmental policies, practices, and programs.
▪ Manage the daily slot technical operation and all Slot Tech team members ensuring all
activities and job duties are performed according to established company and
departmental policies, procedures, and goals.
▪ Monitor the performance of slot product and creates reporting to support recommended
changes in product or floor layout.
▪ Develop strategic recommendations for new game purchases and software conversions
based on supporting research and data.
▪ Manage the installation, tracking, numbering, and compliance with all slot machines.
▪ Manage and coordinates all gaming related paperwork, filings and notifications for
machine changes and installs.
▪ Assist with coordinating all electrical and Surveillance changes needed after changes to
the gaming floor are approved.
▪ Assist with maintaining, creating, and modifying AutoCad drawings of the gaming floor
configuration and coordinates final maps.
▪ Provide constructive input and written documentation to slot technicians regarding their
work performance, including preparing and presenting performance appraisals.
▪ Develop processes to consistently train and develop slot technicians to improve their skill
set and provides continued improvements in guest service.
▪ Audit control logs of locks ensuring their security on property.
▪ Safeguard against theft and ensure the safety and integrity of casino property.
▪ Ensure proper tracking, reconciliation and ordering for slot related parts, services, fees,
and other related expenses.
▪ Notify Slot Technicians when machine malfunctions require technical assistance.
▪ Write and submit shift and other reports required to document shift activity.
▪ Comply with all internal controls and procedures related to departmental operations.
▪ Ensure workplace is hazard free.
▪ Hire, train and manage staff in accordance with organizational and approved
departmental standards, policies and programs.
▪ Ability to extend complementary services in accordance with the approved comp matrix.
▪ Performs all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
▪ Must be 21 years of age or older.
▪ High school diploma or equivalent
▪ Three or more years in casino related experience
▪ Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
▪ The ability to motivate staff through a teamwork approach.
▪ Proven leadership skills that include delegating as needed.
▪ Ability to communicate with team members and guests.
▪ Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
▪ Ability to obtain and maintain all necessary licensing.
▪ Experience with Casino Management systems (Konami, ACSC, SDS, Oasis, etc.)
▪ General understanding of electrical circuitry, electronics, metal fabrication, welding.
▪ Experience with Autocad preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and/or Registrations:
▪ Able to obtain and retain gaming license/registration as required by jurisdiction(s).
▪ Available to work flexible shifts, weekends, and holidays.
▪ Regularly required to see, talk, and hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with
hands and arms; stand and walk.
▪ Frequently required to stoop and kneel.
▪ Must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
▪ Able to work with others while maintaining a positive and courteous demeanor.
▪ Ability to work in a loud and smoky environment.