ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement.
- Stock refrigerating units with wines, spirits, bottled beer, and other supplies as needed.
- Replace empty beer kegs with full ones.
- Slice and pit fruit used to garnish drinks, using proper knife handling skills.
- Wash glasses, bar, and equipment and polish bar fixtures.
- Arrange bottles and glassware to make attractive display.
- Clean bar area as part of side work assignment.
- Remove empty bottles and trash every day.
- Steam, clean/hose trash cans.
- Wash work tables, walls, refrigerators and floors under equipment.
- Sweep and mop the service areas including floor mats.
- Clean ceiling and/or ceiling tiles.
- Maintain a clean area at all times.
- Must wear uniform during work hours, meetings and training.
- Assist Bartender in preparing drinks, handling payments and guest service when necessary.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS).
- Present a positive image of the Tribal organization to its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
This job does not require supervisory duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (MUST BE DOCUMENTED):
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have working knowledge and understanding of ABC liquor laws.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSES AND ANY ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must pass periodic random drug screens.
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation.
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License.
- Must obtain all other applicable certifications and licenses.
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use upper extremities, including but not limited to, hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. They may be occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, bend, push, pull, twist, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift up to 75 pounds and/or push, pull up to 75 pounds. The employee is occasionally required use repetitive movements to complete tasks. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employee may be occasionally required to work in low light conditions, and may be exposed to loud noise for extended periods.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Multiple locations.
- Some enterprises are open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all hours.
- Must be available for emergency calls 24/7.
- Must be available to work weekend and holidays.
- Some enterprises are gaming facilities.
- Some enterprises are not a smoke-free environment.
- Surveillance cameras and audio equipment monitor the premises recording activity throughout most of the facilities on 24 hours per day, 7 days per week basis.
INDIAN PREFERENCE ACT:
The Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Mission Indians has a resolution on file with Human Resources to ensure that Indian Preference will be adhered to in the following order in accordance with IPA:
1. Tribal Members
2. Other Native Americans
3. All other ethnic groups