Essential Duties And Responsibilities
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to management.
- Cleans and sanitizes guest rooms for the front desk to sell for arrivals.
- Helps guests with directions or any questions about the hotel, restaurants or entertainment offered.
- Greets guests with a warm welcome as they arrive in their rooms.
- Supports all aspects of the Housekeeping department by assisting the Assistant Executive Housekeeper with any task put forth.
- Performs all duties in accordance with Tropicana Las Vegas policies and within the realm of Our Team Values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience is required in guest room cleaning or culinary training.
- Exceptional customer service focus including attention to producing quality results.
- Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, and weekend hours as business needs dictate.
- Guest room cleaning experience in a hotel, resort or culinary training.
- Understands MSDS and OSHA rules and regulations.
- Able to communicate in conversational English.
- Takes directions well, has a neat appearance and excellent attitude.
- Relevant work experience is acceptable.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to read and interpret documents In English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Employee must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employee will be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted second hand tobacco smoke.
Go Hilton Travel Discount Program
Take that dream vacation. Visit a loved one. Celebrate a milestone. Indulge in Hilton’s renowned hospitality with deep discounts at our hotels around the world. It’s all possible with our Go Hilton Team Member and Family and Friends Travel Programs! As a Tropicana team member, this is one of the many benefits that we offer.