Manager - FOH Multi Outlet - Bally's Atlantic City
Manager - FOH Multi Outlet
Bally's Atlantic City
Atlantic City, New Jersey 08401
Nov 16, 2022
Jan 16, 2023
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
- Creates and maintains a positive work environment focused on training, development, and engagement.
- Coordinates needs and shares information with other departments through constant communication.
- Attends required meetings and monitors progress of department goals.
- Focuses on maximizing profitability through menu pricing, sales training for staff, product cost containment, and labor control.
- Ensures all health and safety regulations are adhered to (Health & Social Services, OSHA, ABCC, etc.) with high regard for local, state, and federal laws.
- Responsible for training and reinforcing safe alcohol service practices including but not limited to verifying guest is over 21 with valid ID, no over-pouring, procedures for refusal of alcohol service.
- Responsible for the public-facing appearance of all food and beverage venues to include signage, menus, supplies, cleanliness, and functionality.
- Makes recommendations for hiring and terminations of front of house personnel for food and beverage venues.
- Creates a culture of accountability by setting clear written expectations and procedures.
- Ensures all managers and supervisors inspect according to established standards, and ensures all disciplinary actions abide by guidelines set forth by Human Resources.
- Ensures all venues are kept up to date on any required licenses or permits.
- Enforces performance standards, policies and procedures in the venues are in accordance with Company’s Purpose and Values.
- Performs daily walk through of property venues, notating and acting on any observed issues.
- Maintains strict inventory controls to reduce loss, theft, and spoilage.
- Optimize labor by measuring productivity, and cross-utilizing staff.
- Evaluates employee concerns and adjusts based on feedback.
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance and training on the point of sale system.
- Ensures venues follow strict open and close process to include a handover and financial report.
- Ensures proper cash handling is taught and employees are held accountable to policies and procedures.
- Sets department annual and quarterly goals. Reports progress to goals on a weekly basis.
- Maintains inventory of supplies to ensure guest-facing appearance is consistent (china, glass, silver, paper goods).
- Communicates with EVS and Stewarding for cleaning needs. Ensures front of house team assists with cleaning.
- Assists with responses and root cause analysis of guest feedback through multiple platforms (comment cards, social media, Open Table).
- Ensures HR paperwork for all food and beverage venues is fully complete and submitted according to standard.
- Spends a portion of each shift on the floor in venues interacting with customers, managers, and employees.
- Maintains high level of visibility in front-of-house especially during peak business levels. Working with Director of Food & Beverage, adjusts schedule to be present at the most important times.
- Cooperates with other departments to receive and action feedback.
- May be required to stand in for venue manager or supervisor as needed.
- Monitors, establishes, and maintains par stocks by outlet and oversees monthly inventory counts as well as random spot check inventories.
- Keeps current with trends in the food and beverage industry. Institutes monthly training topics to include a focus on beverage such as wine, spirits, cocktails, and beer.
- Works with property management team and TRMG Corporate Director of Beverage & Nightlife Operations on product mix, ongoing training, and other objectives as assigned.
- Holds regular meetings with food and beverage supervisory team to ensure timely exchange of information.
- Exercises considerable judgement in determining priorities, managing projects and assignments, delegating work, and overall accomplishment of goals and tasks.
- Develops and implements strategic goals, objectives, and business plans for the department.
- Interviews, selects, hires, and retains superior employees.
- Conducts training with subordinates, both formally and informally.
- Oversees and ensures that employees work safely and follow all safety rules.
- Basic computer experience including casino systems, timekeeping systems, and Microsoft applications are required.
- Data entry skills preferred.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience required; college preferred
- Graduate of Hotel/Restaurant Management School or minimum of 5 years previous experience in similar venue.
- Previous cash handling experience required.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered.
Bally's Atlantic City
1900 Pacific Ave.
Atlantic City, NJ 08401
Bally’s Atlantic City features world-class accommodations in over 1,200 rooms. The casino offers more than 1,700 gaming machines, over 100 table games, as well as a poker room and sportsbook. Guests can enjoy over 15 food & beverage venues, a retail promenade, indoor pool, spa and a fitness center. The facility also offers over 75,000 sq. ft of event and convention space.
Bally’s Corporation employs approximately 10,500 employees spread in offices around the world. Company assets within the United States include 15 casinos, a horse racing track, and access to online sports betting licenses in 18 states. Casino operations boast a total collection of over 15,000 slot machines, 500 table games, and 5,300 hotel rooms.
Bally's also maintains a multi-year market access partnership with Elite Casino Resorts through which it will provide mobile sports betting in Iowa. The Company also maintains a temporary sports wagering permit to conduct online sports betting in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "BALY".