Joy Restaurant Hostess - Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Joy Restaurant Hostess
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Indio, California 92203
Jun 15, 2022
Aug 22, 2022
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The Joy Hostess/Host will serve as a personal representative of the restaurant. They are in charge of making reservations, seating guests and making sure that they enjoy their meal. The Joy Hostess/Host is expected to smile, to give guests a good impression of the restaurant by greeting them in a warm, friendly manner. If guests have to wait to be seated, the Hostess/Host will make them comfortable while they wait, be a positive team player, adhere to company policies and gaming regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Engages in conversations, uses the 10/5 rule, uses the guests name at least twice during the transaction, and able to resolve service issues in accordance to casino regulations.
- Must provide fast, friendly and efficient customer service.
- Able to answer the phone with proper etiquette and take reservations following restaurant policies.
- Able to coordinate, rotate, document restaurant seating accordingly, and walk guests to tables suitable for their needs.
- Provide guests with menus, fold out their napkin, and hand them their menu.
- Provide guests with additional information. For example, special or soup of the day, etc.
- Able to inspect dining and serving areas to ensure cleanliness and proper setup.
- Must maintain a clean, neat, and organized work area including wiping down menus.
- Approach guests to ensure satisfaction with food and service, and to respond to complaints.
- Be aware and promote all casino/resort special events days and times.
- Able to assist wait staff and bus persons by refilling glasses, coffee cups, pre-setting and bussing tables as necessary.
- Able to complete all required closing job duties at the end of shift.
- Thanks the guest for their business and welcomes them back as they leave.
- Recognizes VIPs, Diamond and Emerald players and relays that information to the assigned server.
This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year customer service experience preferred.
- Read, write, understand and speak English fluently. Bilingual in English, Mandarin or Cantonese preferred.
- Excellent customer service/communication skills.
- Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to tolerate industry standard chemicals used for cleaning and sanitizing.
- Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise, bright lights.
- Able to work at a fast pace in an often crowded/noisy environment.
- Must be able to maintain a neat, professional, well groomed appearance and uphold company appearance/dress standards.
Employees working the Casino or Bowling Center may be exposed to second-hand smoke and moderate levels of noise.
The Company provides its employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision care, life insurance and a 401(k) Retirement Plan. In addition to these benefits you are entitled to paid time off (PTO), an employee assistance program (EAP) and more!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Cabazon Band of Mission Indians
84-245 Indio Springs Parkway
Indio, CA 92203-3499
Fax: (760) 238-5621
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino is located on the reservation of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians in southern California near the city of Indio, 22 miles east of Palm Springs and approximately 130 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino offers 1,800 slot and video poker machines, Bingo and 40 table games, which include Blackjack, Mini-Baccarat, California Craps, Jackpot Pai Gow, and Spanish 21.
The Resort offers 250 luxurious rooms with spectacular mountain views. Food and beverage venues include fine dining in The Bistro and casual dining or cocktails in JOY Asian Cuisine, POM, The Fresh Grill Buffet, The Pizza Kitchen, Lique , LIT bar & lounge, and the 12th Floor Cocktail Lounge & Wine Bar.
Guests can enjoy live entertainment from concerts to boxing in the Special Events Center and relax on the Eagle Falls Golf Course, a masterpiece with unique elevations and water features that is open for public play.