Premier Bartender - Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Highland, California 92346
Jun 11, 2022
Sep 07, 2022
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Under the direction of the Food & Beverage Supervisor, the Bartender is responsible for providing pleasant, efficient alcohol beverage service to guests, Cocktail Servers and Food Servers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Communicates with guests in a cordial and approachable manner with a smile, at all times. Expedites large quantities of drinks efficiently and accurately during club hours, in addition to serving multiple guests at the same time. Keeps bar top clean, ashtrays emptied, picks-up all trash and empties beer bottles. Prepares fresh fruit garnishes, juices, syrups and mixers from scratch, stocks bar at start of shift, and breaks down and cleans bar at close. Verifies the legal age of all guests that appear to be under the age of 30. All beverage orders are “cash and carry” at the bars and on the Casino floor. (No tabs run.) Ensures payment collection for each drink or round of drinks when ordered. Only exception being inside restaurants, where alcohol purchases are added to the guest’s check, and the total is paid at end of meal. (In this circumstance, it is the Bartenders responsibility to ensure all beverages have been added to the proper guest check.)
2. Responsible for a $2,000.00 bank to receive payment from and give change to guests and Cocktail/Beverage Servers. Verifies alcohol inventory in the liquor cabinet is accurate at start of shift, and properly requests replacement alcohol bottles, through Bar Requisition Sheet at end of shift. Responsible for any and all monies owed and paying all outstanding debts, as well as void orders. Assists with special projects as directed by the Supervisor including, monthly meetings, special banquets, concerts, and special guests. Ensures proper set-up of bar tops including: matches, ashtrays, beverage napkins, stir sticks, sword pics; garnish trays with ice, and garnishes. Reports any problems or concerns to immediate supervisor.
3. Maintains knowledge of all drinks, recipes and beer items available, the price of each, and how drinks are garnished.
4. Responsible for taking scheduled breaks on time and in accordance with co-workers. Responsible to cash tips in, on their own time (during breaks or after clocking out). Always reports to work in a clean uniform. No eating, smoking, or chewing gum on the floor or behind the bar.
5. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum three (3) months related experience and/or training required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a warm, inviting and engaging personality and be comfortable in an entertainment setting.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communications skills.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must obtain and maintain a current Food Handlers Card within 90 days of employment.
- Will be required to obtain and maintain T.I.P.S Certification upon employment.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
Why you’ll want to work on our Team:
After 35 years, long time Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel employees still love their jobs
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel – San Manuel Casino is now Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel.
We are located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA, Our gaming resort is owned and operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority.
Phase 1 of our expansion opened July 24 with an expanded casino space offering more than 6,500 slots, five high-limit gaming rooms, live entertainment, a full array of dining options which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, the Hong Bao Kitchen, Just Barbeque, the Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, the Chingon Kitchen, Quick Bikes, the Big Mo’ Cafe, the TuTu’s Food Court and six cocktail lounges and bars.
Our luxury resort features a 17-floor hotel tower with 432 guest rooms and suites, an elevated pool deck experience, a lavish full-service spa and salon, expanded dining options, convenient 24-hour in-room dining. Our gaming resort offers sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us.
Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive Benefits Program:
Apply today to join our team!