Sr. Project Manager, Planning & Development - Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Sr. Project Manager, Planning & Development
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Highland, California 92346
Jun 03, 2022
Sep 14, 2022
Type of Position:
Construction & Project Development
Reporting to the Director of Tribal Planning & Development, the Senior Project Manager, Planning & Development (P&D) manages multiple projects at one time in various phases of development and to meet or exceed established goals including project delivery, scheduling, budgeting, profitability, subcontractor relations, document management, change management, forecasting/risk analysis, cost and schedule integration and reporting. This role collaborates, initiates, and supports opportunities with other functions by championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that faithfully reflects and upholds the Tribe’s vision, mission, and values. This role also assists the Director of Tribal Planning and Development in the planning and direction of the day-to-day operations and long-term strategic direction of construction projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Manages projects from start to finish maintaining high qualitative and quantitative standards of work performance and possesses the ability to convey these expectations to others, hold themselves and others accountable for meeting these standards. Provides oversight management of the progress of the activities on a regular basis and holds status meetings with all sub-teams. Provides all necessary documentation and reports to Director and Executive management team.
2. Plans, organizes, and directs project activities, including the daily monitoring of job site progression, ensuring that all phases of construction projects are completed within specifications and on time with minimal disruption to the Reservation or casino. Directs project start-up and close out meetings. Performs key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
3. Communicates effectively with parties responsible for completing various phases of the project including architects, consultants, contractors, subcontractors, and laborers. Performs thorough periodic inspection of construction sites. Inspects and reviews projects to monitor compliance with building codes, company policies, safety standards, and quality standards. Investigates damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites to ensure proper procedures are being carried out and takes action to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
4. Identifies the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims. Writes Requests for Proposal and Requests for Quotes. Ensures effective contract administration including, review, management, and monitoring of prime contracts, subcontracts, change orders, and cost forecasts. Negotiates revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, suppliers, and subcontractors. Supervises vendors and ensures performance of their contracted duties and construction projects.
5. Assists in developing specifications for construction, repair, and modification projects for the purpose of providing them to architects, contractors, specialists, construction management firms, etc. for selection and awarding of contracts.
6. Reviews and approves project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking costs, and minimizing exposure and risk; prepares and submits budget estimates, progress reports and cost-tracking reports. Prepares written materials documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information. Reviews a variety of construction-related information ensuring completeness of records.
7. Ensures the accuracy and completeness of all project documentation submitted by third party vendors, consultants, contractors, or subcontractors, in addition to the setting up and maintaining of job files, generating contractual agreements/purchase orders, and changing orders with consultants, contractors and vendors.
8. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Bachelors degree and/or license/registration in Architecture, Development, Engineering or Construction Management required.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressive responsible experience on a construction management team supervising or managing high-impact construction project is required.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant, and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Experience with over-all construction management on complex projects from preconstruction through final punch-list and delivery is required.
- Must possess advanced level knowledge and application of construction estimating, cost, project controls/scheduling, documentation, engineering and construction principles, techniques, materials, applications, and practices thorough understanding of contracts, documents, drawings, and specifications.
- Must be able to organize and administer construction projects with full scope capability for steps from preconstruction to final punch list.
- Must have a proficient knowledge of MEP building systems.
- Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is essential.
- Must have current knowledge of local, state, and federal building and fire codes.
- Business acumen to negotiate major contracts, including the ability to see the big picture.
- Technical level experience with Microsoft Professional Office Tools such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Project Management software experience such as MS Project.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Must maintain a strict level of confidentiality and act in a manner consistent with all legal and regulatory requirements and in compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Must be personable and professional, capable of using caution and discretion in communication.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the companys insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
Why you’ll want to work on our Team:
After 35 years, long time Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel employees still love their jobs
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel – San Manuel Casino is now Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel.
We are located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA, Our gaming resort is owned and operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority.
Phase 1 of our expansion opened July 24 with an expanded casino space offering more than 6,500 slots, five high-limit gaming rooms, live entertainment, a full array of dining options which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, the Hong Bao Kitchen, Just Barbeque, the Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, the Chingon Kitchen, Quick Bikes, the Big Mo’ Cafe, the TuTu’s Food Court and six cocktail lounges and bars.
Our luxury resort features a 17-floor hotel tower with 432 guest rooms and suites, an elevated pool deck experience, a lavish full-service spa and salon, expanded dining options, convenient 24-hour in-room dining. Our gaming resort offers sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us.
Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive Benefits Program:
Apply today to join our team!