Lead Bartender - Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Highland, California 92346
May 20, 2022
Sep 15, 2022
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The Lead Bartender is a guide for all bartenders. They assist in the creative process of the bar’s product and menu development, and provide training and assistance to other venue team members. The Lead Bartender ensures San Manuel guests have a high quality bar experience through a combination of impeccable service skills and keen knowledge of craft cocktails and spirits.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Responsible for setting up workstations within bar and breaking down all stations at end of shift. Produces kitchen made items including syrups, cut fruit, and house-made mixers. Completes closing checklists.
2. Provides training to all bartenders on proper execution of drink recipes, including technique and speed in preparation of cocktails/drinks. Oversees Bartenders to ensure proper guest service standards are upheld. Monitors and maintains cleanliness of facility and confirms all appropriate side work duties are being performed. Promotes image of San Manuel Casino by displaying impeccable manners, diplomacy and tact towards guests. Promotes and provides exemplary bar service to San Manuel guests, using proper serving techniques according to Department policies and procedures.
3. Responsible for inventory, ordering and stocking of all wine, liquor and beer. Maintains an inventory of glassware and promptly communicates any shortages to management.
4. Actively develops new drink recipes.
5. Performs other duties as assigned to support efficient operation of Department.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years of experience as a bartender, with a minimum of two (2) years of experience within a fine dining/ upscale food and beverage environment.
- Must possess a desire to exceed guest expectations.
- Must be able to effectively understand and convey written and verbal information to coworkers and guests; basic mathematical skills are also required.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must obtain and maintain a current Food Handlers Card with9in 90 days of employment.
- Must obtain and maintain T.I.P.S Certification.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
Why you’ll want to work on our Team:
After 35 years, long time Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel employees still love their jobs
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel – San Manuel Casino is now Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel.
We are located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA, Our gaming resort is owned and operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority.
Phase 1 of our expansion opened July 24 with an expanded casino space offering more than 6,500 slots, five high-limit gaming rooms, live entertainment, a full array of dining options which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, the Hong Bao Kitchen, Just Barbeque, the Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, the Chingon Kitchen, Quick Bikes, the Big Mo’ Cafe, the TuTu’s Food Court and six cocktail lounges and bars.
Our luxury resort features a 17-floor hotel tower with 432 guest rooms and suites, an elevated pool deck experience, a lavish full-service spa and salon, expanded dining options, convenient 24-hour in-room dining. Our gaming resort offers sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us.
Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive Benefits Program:
Apply today to join our team!