Cage Supervisor (West Valley) - Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
72405 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Cage Supervisor (West Valley)
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Glendale, Arizona 85305
May 04, 2022
Aug 01, 2022
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
Under direct supervision of the Cage Shift Manager, supervises Cage activities of the department by monitoring, performing, training, supervising the cashiers. This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensures compliance with all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies and procedures, including Internal Controls (ICs).
• Applies fair and consistent supervision.
• Assists in hiring, termination, and disciplinary actions.
• Assists cashiers in buys and all even exchanges with the Cage area.
• Assist with the planning and budget preparation for the department.
• Plans and administers work schedules and assignments for direct reports.
• Assists Cashiers in reconciliation during opening and closing.
• Assists in training Cashiers of new/proper procedures of each window and cross-trains new team members.
• Assists in guests needs while supervising the Cashiers.
• Monitors the performance of direct reports, ensuring adherence to all TOGE and Departmental policies and procedures.
• Supervises cage cashiers and performs procedures to ensure transactions are properly completed.
• Completes daily deposits.
• Ensures balancing of all cash banks.
• Verifies daily soft count drop to main bank when cashier is unavailable.
• Monitor and maintains kiosk and ATM status and balances.
• Services Kiosk and ATM to include full balancing midpoint adjustments, adding or decreasing currency, and the overall upkeep of supplies and maintenance.
• Makes change for guests and exchange coin/chip for cash.
• Verifies cashier’s bank if a variance exists.
• Safeguards Casino assets.
• Maintains excellent guest and team member relations.
• Complies with federal cash reporting requirements.
• Troubleshoots coin and currency counting equipment problems.
• Monitors Cashiers training needs and provides feedback to Cage Manager.
• Contacts a team member of the Blackjack pit to inform them of large blackjack transactions at the Cage.
• Completes End of Month Cash Inventory counts and reports for Cage Managers and Accounting.
• Initiates investigations of variances.
• Verifies daily paperwork for completion and accuracy.
• Completes Cashier annual performance review.
• Generates weekly work schedules of cashiers.
• Orders supplies with Administrator.
• Cleans Jet Scans and other cage equipment when necessary.
• Maintains excellent communication with team members and Managers.
• Documents and informs Shift Manager of all incidents or disputes relating to guest, team member and inter-departments.
• Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
• Counsels and mentors cashiers on performance.
• Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
• Demonstrate Desert Diamond Casino “On Brand” attitude towards team members & guests at all times.
• Performs other duties as required.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED plus four (4) years of experience in the cash handling and customer service field, two (2) of the four (4) years of which must have been in a supervisory capacity in a gaming facility; or equivalent combination of education and experience or a minimum of two (2) years Gaming Cage Cashier experience. Must be 18 years of age or older. Candidate must pass a basic Bank Teller/Money Handling Test. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
• Knowledge and proficient in basic mathematics.
• Knowledge of cashier’s cage operations and of applicable laws on cage operations.
• Knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Title 31 Regulations pertaining to the Casino Cage.
• Ability to become familiar with all cage functions and available to work all shifts.
• Ability to supervise staff.
• Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
• Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members at all levels.
• Skill in problem solving and sound decision-making.
• Skill in typing and 10-key operation.
• Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
• Ability to provide presentations to a large group setting.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in the casino cage area with exposure to second-hand smoke, currency dust particles, and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To be considered for this position you must complete our Employment Application. Please click on Apply Now and you'll be redirected to our online form.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment offers a convenient, memorable entertainment experience in Tucson, Sahuarita, Why and Glendale, Arizona. Amenities include unmatched gaming options, fine dining, the Monsoon Nightclub and world-class sporting events, music concerts and comedy sets at the Diamond Center. Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment also offers one of the region's finest convention centers and high-tech meeting facilities.
An enterprise of the Tohono O’odham Nation, Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment has been in the gaming and entertainment business for almost 30 years, beginning in 1985 with the opening of Papago Bingo in the Tucson area.
In 1993, the first Desert Diamond Casino was opened on Nogales Highway. Six years later, a smaller facility opened in Why, Arizona. The third Desert Diamond Casino near Sahuarita was opened in 2001. In 2007, the original casino on Nogales Highway was replaced with a new casino, hotel and convention center complex. Our newest property, Desert Diamond Casino – West Valley opened in late 2015 and has quickly become one of the Phoenix metropolitan area’s hottest spots.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment West Valley - located in Glendale, Arizona offers a 35,000 sq. ft. casino. The property opened in February 2020, offering more than 1,100 slot machines, 380 bingo seats, 36 poker-style tables, and 48 blackjack-style tables.
Food and beverage-wise, the casino offers A massive bar with a second-story mezzanine overlooking the casino floor, a food court, Nineteen 86 Steakhouse, Edge Bar and Winners Sports Bar.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Tucson offers over 1,000 slots, a poker room with 8 poker tables and the area's most competitive tournaments, 24 table games including live blackjack, high-stakes bingo and fabulous keno.The hotel located only minutes from the Tucson International Airport includes complimentary wireless internet access, a heated outdoor pool, jetted hydro-spa, patio seating with a fire pit, exercise facilities, coffee bar and lounge.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Sahuarita offers hundreds of slots and live blackjack tables. Food & Beverage venues include three restaurants - the Agave Restaurant offering fine dining, the Diamond Buffet and the Diamond Grill, as well as the two cocktail lounges.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Why is the perfect rest stop for travelers on their way to Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point) or making the trek to western Arizona. Guests can play slots at the self-service gas station and fully stocked convenience store.