Assistant Slot Shift Manager (West Valley) - Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
72097 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Assistant Slot Shift Manager (West Valley)
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Glendale, Arizona 85305
Apr 21, 2022
Sep 14, 2022
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
Under the direct supervision of the Slot Shift Manager, this position is responsible for the day-to-day slot operations on an assigned shift. Must be able to demonstrate leadership by example on a daily basis and actively promote enterprise events to our guests. This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensures compliance with all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies and procedures, including Internal Controls (ICs).
• Ensures tidiness and cleanliness of responsible areas, ensuring all chairs are pushed in.
• Ensures that team members work with security personnel and other casino staff as necessary.
• Ensures compliance with guest service policies.
• Ensures all evaluations for assigned team members are completed on time.
• Promotes positive guest relations, greets guests and creates a friendly atmosphere.
• Observes and recognizes irregularities, violations, or other discrepancies in casino personnel or guests and institutes appropriate action.
• Applies fair and consistent supervision and disciplinary practices.
• Investigates and resolves guest complaints.
• Assists in the planning and administration of work schedules and assignments.
• Assists in the coordination and preparation of special slot machine functions.
• Issues appropriate disciplinary action according to TOGE departmental policies.
• Monitors the performance of direct reports, ensuring adherence to all casino policies and procedures.
• Understands the various types of slot and video machines cheating methods and is able to recognize any potential attempts while monitoring assigned section.
• Prepares shift reports.
• Attends mandatory meetings as scheduled.
• Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training and problem resolution.
• Motivates team members to achieve peak productivity and performance.
• Authorizes jackpots according to approved policies and completes required forms if necessary.
• Supervises and assists area as needed.
• Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of all required departmental, TOGE, TOGO, and/or ADOG reports.
• Handles guest issues and complaints in a positive win, win fashion using all the resources available and using sound business practices in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus 4 years of recent experience in slot operations, with a minimum of 2 of the 4 years as a Slot Shift Supervisor or above; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be 18 years of age or older. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
• Must have knowledge of mechanical functions and play aspects of slot machines, procedures and casino floor operations.
• Must be able to use the slot machine management system for statistical game performance reporting, player tracking, and other system-generated reports on a daily basis.
• Must be able to analyze reports.
• Must have skills in professional management techniques; including human skills, technical skills and conceptual skills.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels both internally and externally.
• Must be able to interact effectively with Tribal, State and National Regulatory Officials.
• Must be able to delegate duties appropriately.
• Must be able to establish, administer and maintain staff training programs and records.
• Must be able to efficiently schedule, and utilize work force needs.
• Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Must be able to write routing reports and correspondence.
• Must be able to speak effectively before groups of guests or team members of the organization.
• Must be able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages.
• Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out directions in written, oral or diagram form.
• Must have skills in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint), also an understanding of casino management systems.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
• Must be able to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required; to include rotating shifts.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To be considered for this position you must complete our Employment Application. Please click on Apply Now and you'll be redirected to our online form.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment offers a convenient, memorable entertainment experience in Tucson, Sahuarita, Why and Glendale, Arizona. Amenities include unmatched gaming options, fine dining, the Monsoon Nightclub and world-class sporting events, music concerts and comedy sets at the Diamond Center. Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment also offers one of the region's finest convention centers and high-tech meeting facilities.
An enterprise of the Tohono O’odham Nation, Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment has been in the gaming and entertainment business for almost 30 years, beginning in 1985 with the opening of Papago Bingo in the Tucson area.
In 1993, the first Desert Diamond Casino was opened on Nogales Highway. Six years later, a smaller facility opened in Why, Arizona. The third Desert Diamond Casino near Sahuarita was opened in 2001. In 2007, the original casino on Nogales Highway was replaced with a new casino, hotel and convention center complex. Our newest property, Desert Diamond Casino – West Valley opened in late 2015 and has quickly become one of the Phoenix metropolitan area’s hottest spots.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment West Valley - located in Glendale, Arizona offers a 35,000 sq. ft. casino. The property opened in February 2020, offering more than 1,100 slot machines, 380 bingo seats, 36 poker-style tables, and 48 blackjack-style tables.
Food and beverage-wise, the casino offers A massive bar with a second-story mezzanine overlooking the casino floor, a food court, Nineteen 86 Steakhouse, Edge Bar and Winners Sports Bar.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Tucson offers over 1,000 slots, a poker room with 8 poker tables and the area's most competitive tournaments, 24 table games including live blackjack, high-stakes bingo and fabulous keno.The hotel located only minutes from the Tucson International Airport includes complimentary wireless internet access, a heated outdoor pool, jetted hydro-spa, patio seating with a fire pit, exercise facilities, coffee bar and lounge.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Sahuarita offers hundreds of slots and live blackjack tables. Food & Beverage venues include three restaurants - the Agave Restaurant offering fine dining, the Diamond Buffet and the Diamond Grill, as well as the two cocktail lounges.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Why is the perfect rest stop for travelers on their way to Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point) or making the trek to western Arizona. Guests can play slots at the self-service gas station and fully stocked convenience store.