Reservation Security Sergeant - Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Reservation Security Sergeant
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Highland, California 92346
Apr 19, 2022
Aug 01, 2022
Type of Position:
Under the direction of the Reservation Security Lieutenant, the Reservation Security Sergeant is responsible for assigning tasks, analyzing and evaluating reports, and ensuring that reservation security activities are conducted according to the Tribe First initiatives. This position supervises team members that have special assignments such as executive protection, physical security, education security, and surveillance, and must be adept in these areas as well. The Reservation Security Sergeant is also responsible the enforcement of laws, rules, and regulations under the State of California, Federal, and Tribal Government codes, securing an assigned area, conducting investigations, collecting evidence and preparing appropriate reports. This position performs task such as crime prevention, investigating crimes, arresting/detaining suspects, responding to emergencies, performing as Incident Commander unless relieved, testifying in court proceedings, and protection of life.
This position requires exceptional customer relations skills to ensure that critical safety and security services are provided in a business oriented, courteous and professional manner. The Reservation Security Sergeant collaborates, initiates, and supports opportunities with other functions by championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that faithfully reflects and upholds the Tribe’s vision, mission and values. The Sergeant is responsible for overseeing and protecting Tribal Citizens and the assets of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. This is both a uniformed and non-uniformed, armed position, requiring compliance with all current California Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS) guidelines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Establishes work schedules and assignments, reviews work while in progress and checks completed work through visual observation and reports to assure that proper protection is provided. Coordinates with other sergeants to ensure smooth transitions between shifts.
2. Inspects team members and equipment for adherence to departmental standards. Maintains care and control of authorized equipment and vehicles, including firearms. Decides when emergency response is necessary.
3. Reviews and coordinates information gathered for investigations to insure proper reporting and case classification.
4. Monitors and instructs team members while on shift and assists on major calls or complex situations, as needed.
5. Participates in the administration of the department budget.
6. Assumes other responsibilities, duties, tasks and assignments that contribute to the mitigation or response to any public health emergency.
7. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Makes hiring decisions and designs individual development plans with succession planning in mind for all key roles.
- High School diploma or General Education Development (GED) is required.
- Associates degree in Criminal Justice, Security Business Administration, or a related field is preferred.
- Law enforcement, military police, or correctional experience is preferred.
- Ability to deal with the public courteously and firmly, and to establish and maintain effective public relations.
- Deal firmly and tactfully with subordinates, and the public.
- Interview or interrogate others to elicit pertinent information.
- Evaluate the relative importance of information received.
- Strong critical thinking skills, executive level oral and written communication and presentation skills are required.
- Ability to function in a dynamic and complex environment while providing a high level of service to numerous constituencies.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the companys insurance carrier.
- Minimum POST Reserve level II certificate, succession completion of any recognized law enforcement academy or agency certificate, or any local, state, federal or military police certification.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid BSIS Gun and Guard Card.
- Must comply with all current requirements set forth by the California Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS) for Armed Security Officers within 90 days of employment.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
Why you’ll want to work on our Team:
After 35 years, long time Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel employees still love their jobs
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel – San Manuel Casino is now Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel.
We are located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA, Our gaming resort is owned and operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority.
Phase 1 of our expansion opened July 24 with an expanded casino space offering more than 6,500 slots, five high-limit gaming rooms, live entertainment, a full array of dining options which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, the Hong Bao Kitchen, Just Barbeque, the Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, the Chingon Kitchen, Quick Bikes, the Big Mo’ Cafe, the TuTu’s Food Court and six cocktail lounges and bars.
Our luxury resort features a 17-floor hotel tower with 432 guest rooms and suites, an elevated pool deck experience, a lavish full-service spa and salon, expanded dining options, convenient 24-hour in-room dining. Our gaming resort offers sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us.
Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive Benefits Program:
Apply today to join our team!