Bev Shift Mgr Casino - Resorts World Catskills
Bev Shift Mgr Casino
Resorts World Catskills
Monticello, New York 12701
Mar 22, 2022
Aug 01, 2022
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Essential Duties/Core Competencies:
- Works as a member of a cohesive management team that supports each other’s decisions and presents a united front to the staff.
- Functions as a role model to staff as well as to junior managers.
- Takes an active role in developing a loyal customer base through vowing to do whatever is necessary to ensure the return of every guest and to instill this philosophy in every employee.
- Develops new ways to increase guest counts.
- Ensures effective recruitment, hiring, training, recognition, coaching and counseling and other personnel related matters are being handled appropriately throughout the departments.
- Works with the management team to determine appropriate staffing levels.
- Operates with an awareness of staffing trends, upcoming seasonal business changes, and any other events, or issues which may have an impact on business, is essential.
- Works towards maximizing sales and optimizing profits through the management of all cost centers.
- Remains abreast of the budget and understand the reasons behind why the budgeted targets were or were not met.
- Maintains high standards in all areas of security, safety, cleanliness and sanitation are essential.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the bars and service areas throughout each shift.
- Communicates positively about the bars and service areas and has an attitude of success.
- Creates an environment where people want to work and feel comfortable working.
- Operates well with other shift managers, in terms of consistency, consensus on issues and flexibility.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Demonstrates consistent regard and dedication to guests, vendors, colleagues and the Company by being engaged, interested and productive.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of our marketplace; actively and collaboratively assists in building the best practices necessary for the Company’s success.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the impact actions and decisions have on the Company both financially and on guest relations.
- Demonstrates the courage and initiative to present new ideas and perspective to create positive results.
- Exhibits respectful consideration of viewpoints, situations and others.
- Puts the guest at the forefront of every decision.
- Possesses an awareness of and remains alert to all aspects of the operation throughout the shift and knows where to be and when.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Able to work independently and make the right decisions for the business.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the POS system.
- Proficiency in opening and closing procedures, running reports, beverage knowledge, team building and employee focus
- Demonstrates a profit mentality by setting goals, following through and meeting goals.
- Understands the acceptable levels of quality of our food and our beverages and as such to ensure that these products are ready for service every shift.
- Demonstrates the ability to run a quality operation with attention to detail, in particular paying attention to temperature, lighting, music levels and the overall ambiance of the bars.
- Understands the importance of employees and interacts with them in a mutually respectful and friendly manner.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- High school diploma or G.E.D preferred.
- Prior restaurant experience or related education.
- Five (5) years’ of relevant experience with a minimum of three (3) years’ as a manager/supervisor in a high-volume Food & Beverage operation.
- Must be TIPS certified.
The Company is committed to achieving full equal opportunity without discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, national origin, politics, marital status, physical disability, age or sexual orientation or any other status protected by law. We welcome the strength of diversity in our workforce.
**THIS POSITION IS SLATED TO COMMENCE BETWEEN THE MIDDLE AND THE END OF JULY IN THE NEWBURGH, NY LOCATION**
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Resorts World Catskills
888 Resorts World Drive
Monticello, NY 12701
Located in the heart of New York’s Catskill region, Resorts World Catskills (RWC) Casino Resort offers guests unmatched experiences in excitement, entertainment, and luxury. The integrated casino resort includes an 18-story all-suite hotel, and a casino featuring 100,000 square feet of gaming action including 150 live Las-Vegas style table games, 1,600 state-of-the art slot machines, a poker room, private gaming salons and a 100-seat sportsbook lounge.
The casino resort also offers 10 varied bar and restaurant experiences, which includes an Italian steakhouse created by celebrity chef Scott Conant, and year-round live entertainment at the 2,500-seat RW Epicenter, casino bars and lounges.
The luxurious hotel located within Resorts World Catskills is comprised of 332 suites, the Crystal Life Spa, two indoor pools, and two fitness centers. The integrated casino resort also includes additional stay and play destinations on its campus, including The Alder, an adjacent 101-room lifestyle hotel featuring the first Topgolf Swing Suites in New York State, and Dos Gatos, a cantina-style Mexican eatery and the recently opened Kartrite Resort and Indoor Waterpark, and will be expanded to include a Rees Jones redesigned golf course.