Spec Security Operations - Bally's Atlantic City
Spec Security Operations
Bally's Atlantic City
Atlantic City, New Jersey 08401
Feb 19, 2022
Aug 01, 2022
Type of Position:
Performs duties in compliance with all company and regulatory regulations and requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistently demonstrates superior customer service skills by displaying outlined service behaviors.
- Maintains an upbeat and positive attitude, creates positive energy with gestures and sustains enthusiasm from one interaction to the next.
- Creates an atmosphere of luck and celebrates guests wins.
- Is ready to serve and is informed of daily information; builds relationships by greeting guests with a warm, friendly verbal greeting.
- Anticipates needs and provides fast, flawless service.
- Checks for satisfaction and effectively resolves service breakdowns when they exist.
- Promotes programs and card membership.
- Provides a warm farewell and thanks guests for visiting.
- Assigned to Security and Fire Command, answers telephone, dispatches security officers according to situation and need.
- Issues controlled keys, access badges and radios to security officers and other staff.
- Monitors CCTV, digital alarm system and issues emergency credentials to employees and vendors.
- Receives, logs, and determines priority of information received from security officers concerning their lateness, absence or other usual concerns.
- Keeps in constant communication with Supervisor Security.
- Maintains mandated logs.
- Prepares specified reports; assists security officers in preparation of statements.
- Reviews, evaluations and corrects same.
- Conducts fact finding investigations by physically tracking and interviewing witnesses, collecting physical evidence and preserving the crime scene if necessary.
- Takes statements from individuals involved in security related activities and prepares reports detaining facts.
- Appears in court to give testimony on subpoenaed and/or documented facts contained in Complaint or Warrant filed.
- Notifies Supervisor Security or Shift Manager of any relevant situations or information.
- Must be able to evaluate upon sight patrons requiring first aid or C.P.R.
- Quickly reacts upon observation of distress signals.
- Ensures that fire alarm systems and elevator emergency alarms are in proper working order.
- Acknowledges all fire alarms, controls alarm response, and dispatches security officer on duty.
- Monitors the Fire Command Room and all its functions.
- Participates in all on-the-job training functions relevant to the Fire Command Room.
- Communicates with the local Fire Department.
- Observes the safe operation of assigned elevator(s), acknowledges any reports of an emergency, mechanical failure, vandalism or unusual occurrence, and dispatches appropriate security and/or repair personnel as indicated.
- Performs Security Officers duties as assigned.
- Completes special assignments as requested.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- CPR certified or ability to obtain certification required.
- Good communication skills, organizational ability, and judgment as well as the ability to direct and manage people.
Diverse, fast-paced, deadline driven, multi-project coordination, prioritizing and flexing to accommodate last minute requests and changes.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum one year experience in the grade of Security Officer or similar capacity in the public sector.
- A broad knowledge of games and casino rules, procedures, and administrations.
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations affecting the casino industry.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Bally's Atlantic City
1900 Pacific Ave.
Atlantic City, NJ 08401
Bally’s Atlantic City features world-class accommodations in over 1,200 rooms. The casino offers more than 1,700 gaming machines, over 100 table games, as well as a poker room and sportsbook. Guests can enjoy over 15 food & beverage venues, a retail promenade, indoor pool, spa and a fitness center. The facility also offers over 75,000 sq. ft of event and convention space.
Bally's Corporation currently owns and manages 12 casinos across eight states, a horse racetrack and 13 authorized OTB licenses in Colorado. With more than 6,000 employees, the Company's operations include 13,308 slot machines, 460 game tables and 3,342 hotel rooms. Following the completion of pending acquisitions, which include Tropicana Evansville (Evansville, IN) and Jumer's Casino & Hotel (Rock Island, IL), as well as the construction of a land-based casino near the Nittany Mall in State College, PA, Bally's will own and manage 15 casinos across 11 states.