Environmental Services Assistant Manager (West Valley) - Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Environmental Services Assistant Manager (West Valley)
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Glendale, Arizona 85305
Feb 10, 2022
Aug 01, 2022
Type of Position:
Under general supervision of the Environmental Services Manager, ensures the overall cleanliness of the gaming facilities. Manages all Environmental Services functions through supervision of the Environmental Services Supervisors. Responsible for ensuring that department staffing levels are at optimum operating level and that all Environmental Services personnel are properly trained in safety procedures and proper use of equipment used in the workplace. Maintains confidentiality of privileged information.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Hires, manages, directs and supervises the Environmental Services staff and directs activities in their individual and department to overall cleanliness of the gaming facilities.
• Ensures compliance with all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies and procedures, including Internal Controls (ICs).
• Ensures all inventory is adequately stocked and ordered in a timely manner.
• Ensures that all equipment is working and maintained for safe operational use.
• Ensures environmental services supplies are ordered on a weekly basis.
• Ensures proper and complete staffing coverage of the seven-day, twenty-four hour casino operation.
• Ensures all safety rules and procedures are being followed. Must be able to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets and be familiar with OSHA.
• Maintains all environmental services equipment and ensures that they are in good operating order.
• Responsible for ensuring overall environmental services related maintenance is scheduled and performed.
• Responsible for overseeing the repair, maintenance, and cleanliness of all facilities.
• Supervises the Environmental Services Supervisors on daily duties.
• Plans, coordinates and directs daily job tasks or assignments.
• Conducts health and safety programs to prevent injuries and accidents.
• Conducts performance appraisals and disciplinary actions as needed.
• Trains staff and assigns daily tasks to subordinates.
• Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
• Performs any position in department as needed.
• Performs other related duties as required or directed.
Education and Experience:
High School Degree or GED plus five (5) years’ experience overseeing environmental services operations, including the care and maintenance of Floor Tech equipment in a property of 200,000 square. ft. or larger; three (3) of the five (5) years must have been in a supervisory capacity. Experience managing a diverse team of 100 or more team members required; Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
• Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county, and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
• Knowledgeable of environmental services chemical use and safety measures.
• Knowledgeable of environmental services equipment use and safety measures.
• Knowledgeable of department policies and procedures and posses the ability to enforce.
• Knowledge and ability to supervise and manage up to 120 people.
• Knowledge of ordering, price comparison, and maintaining of custodial supplies and equipment.
• Knowledge of occupational hazards, safe working practices, and safety precautions in accordance with applicable state, county, or federal laws and regulations regarding workplace safety.
• Knowledge of supervisory techniques.
• Ability to work with team members and assist with overseeing the repair, maintenance, and smooth daily operation of all facilities.
• Ability to ensure well-maintained facilities.
• Ability to demonstrate professionalism at all times when interacting with internal and external guests.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in written format.
• Ability to be able to work weekends, holidays and rotate shifts.
• Ability to maintain outstanding, exemplary attendance.
• Ability to complete multiple tasks with minimum supervision.
• Ability to interact with personnel of all levels, vendors and contractors.
• Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
• Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and practice the chain of command.
• Ability to analyze situations and adopt appropriate courses of action.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Ability to make solid decisions and exercise independent judgment.
• Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
• Skill in managing budgets.
• Skill in managing multiple projects and meeting strict deadlines.
• Skill in providing leadership to, supervising, training, and evaluating assigned staff.
• Skill in analyzing problems, projecting consequences, identifying solutions, and implementing recommendations.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand for full shift; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The team member frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The team member occasionally is required to sit; climb or balance; and taste or smell. The team member must occasionally lift, pull, push and/or move up to 60 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To be considered for this position you must complete our Employment Application. Please click on Apply Now and you'll be redirected to our online form.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment offers a convenient, memorable entertainment experience in Tucson, Sahuarita, Why and Glendale, Arizona. Amenities include unmatched gaming options, fine dining, the Monsoon Nightclub and world-class sporting events, music concerts and comedy sets at the Diamond Center. Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment also offers one of the region's finest convention centers and high-tech meeting facilities.
An enterprise of the Tohono O’odham Nation, Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment has been in the gaming and entertainment business for almost 30 years, beginning in 1985 with the opening of Papago Bingo in the Tucson area.
In 1993, the first Desert Diamond Casino was opened on Nogales Highway. Six years later, a smaller facility opened in Why, Arizona. The third Desert Diamond Casino near Sahuarita was opened in 2001. In 2007, the original casino on Nogales Highway was replaced with a new casino, hotel and convention center complex. Our newest property, Desert Diamond Casino – West Valley opened in late 2015 and has quickly become one of the Phoenix metropolitan area’s hottest spots.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment West Valley - located in Glendale, Arizona offers a 35,000 sq. ft. casino. The property opened in February 2020, offering more than 1,100 slot machines, 380 bingo seats, 36 poker-style tables, and 48 blackjack-style tables.
Food and beverage-wise, the casino offers A massive bar with a second-story mezzanine overlooking the casino floor, a food court, Nineteen 86 Steakhouse, Edge Bar and Winners Sports Bar.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Tucson offers over 1,000 slots, a poker room with 8 poker tables and the area's most competitive tournaments, 24 table games including live blackjack, high-stakes bingo and fabulous keno.The hotel located only minutes from the Tucson International Airport includes complimentary wireless internet access, a heated outdoor pool, jetted hydro-spa, patio seating with a fire pit, exercise facilities, coffee bar and lounge.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Sahuarita offers hundreds of slots and live blackjack tables. Food & Beverage venues include three restaurants - the Agave Restaurant offering fine dining, the Diamond Buffet and the Diamond Grill, as well as the two cocktail lounges.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Why is the perfect rest stop for travelers on their way to Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point) or making the trek to western Arizona. Guests can play slots at the self-service gas station and fully stocked convenience store.