Food & Beverage Attendant - The Pines Modern Steakhouse - Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Food & Beverage Attendant - The Pines Modern Steakhouse
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Highland, California 92346
Feb 01, 2022
Sep 07, 2022
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Reporting to the Food & Beverage Supervisor, the Food & Beverage Attendant provides an exceptional guest experience while holding responsibility for ensuring an efficient flow of service within the buffet. This position serves as a team player while greeting guests, coordinates seating needs, maintaining cleanliness of assigned areas, as well as supporting the culinary team on the buffet line. The buffet attendant presents themselves professionally with an approachable and accommodating demeanor to both guests and team members at all times and ensures a a consistent Best in Class experience in alignment with the goals and priorities of the Tribe.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Creates the ultimate, memorable guest experience by providing exceptional service to every patron; interacts and entertains in an enthusiastic and engaging manner. Greets guests in a timely manner with a smile, makes eye contact, escorts them to tables, and provides a menu (where applicable). 20%
2. Demonstrates accurate cash handling as outlined in the Department training and procedures including ensuring that all orders are paid for and received. 10%
3. Serves and prepares meals according to the Department standards. Prepares beverages and expedites food orders as necessary. Delivers food and any necessary condiments to guests. 10%
4. Ensures cleanliness, sanitizing and organization of workstations and dining rooms. Clears and wipes down tables; removes food trays. Inspects dining room tables, chairs and floors for cleanliness. Keeps walkways clear of any debris; sweeps and mops as needed. 10%
5. Maintains stock in all areas. Keeps stations fully stocked with condiments, plastic ware, coffee, etc. Restocks ice bins before opening and during operations as necessary. 10%
6. Coordinates seating and activities of the dining room to provide fast and courteous service to guests. Maintains knowledge of daily specials. 10%
7. Serves the guest at the food line, plates and garnishes food, and supports cooks in the action stations. 10%
8. Assists team members and guests whenever possible. 5%
9. Passes service standards, food, liquor, wine, beer and alcohol awareness and point of sales tests with scores of 90% or better, before working solo shift. Continues to pass periodic quizzes and tests with the same results as needed thereafter. 5%
10. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Previous high-volume restaurant experience preferred.
- Previous cash handling experience preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak in the English language.
- Must possess knowledge of general arithmetic (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) in relation to position requirements.
- Must present a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance in accordance with departmental policy.
- Exemplary customer service skills and demonstrated ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize job duties and manage time effectively, and work well with others.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must obtain and maintain a current Food Handlers Card.
- Will be required to obtain and maintain T.I.P.S Certification upon employment.
Yaamava Resort and Casino at San Manuel will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
Why you’ll want to work on our Team:
After 35 years, long time Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel employees still love their jobs
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel – San Manuel Casino is now Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel.
We are located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA, Our gaming resort is owned and operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority.
Phase 1 of our expansion opened July 24 with an expanded casino space offering more than 6,500 slots, five high-limit gaming rooms, live entertainment, a full array of dining options which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, the Hong Bao Kitchen, Just Barbeque, the Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, the Chingon Kitchen, Quick Bikes, the Big Mo’ Cafe, the TuTu’s Food Court and six cocktail lounges and bars.
Our luxury resort features a 17-floor hotel tower with 432 guest rooms and suites, an elevated pool deck experience, a lavish full-service spa and salon, expanded dining options, convenient 24-hour in-room dining. Our gaming resort offers sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us.
Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive Benefits Program:
Apply today to join our team!