Public Safety Officer - Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Public Safety Officer
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Indio, California 92203
Jan 22, 2022
Aug 01, 2022
Type of Position:
To safeguard Fantasy Springs Casino and other Tribal property against fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry by performing escorts and public safety functions as follows:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Provides general public safety services for the protection of tribal members, tribal property, guests, and employees.
- Performs all Public Safety Officer duties as needed.
- Safeguards money, chips, and assets transported to and from the gaming facility, video facsimile, and cashier/cage departments.
- Inspects assigned areas for public safety and/or safety breaches and reports any potential situations to supervisor.
- Informs emergency first responders in case of fire, presence of unauthorized persons or other foreseen emergencies.
- Detains persons that may be involved in illegal acts for the purpose of notifying the law enforcement authorities.
- Investigates and records all unusual occurrences and incidents within the gaming facility. Prepares and submits reports that document the incidents that occur on property. In addition, must be able to articulate and testify to these reports in court or hearing process.
- Regulates vehicle and pedestrian traffic at Casino to maintain orderly flow.
- Promotes superior customer service.
- Performs dispatch duties including but not limited to:
- Monitors activities on radio and surveillance equipment and silent alarm system
- Receives and records incoming and outgoing calls on telephone and radio
- Dispatches appropriate staff and equipment during routine and emergency calls
- Relays questions or instructions from remote units
- Coordinates all police, fire, ambulance and other emergency activities
- Issues and receives public safety passes and maintains visitor log
- Possesses knowledge of Casino services and promotions and the location thereof.
- Required to carry a CEW device as instructed by the Director of Public Safety. In addition required to successfully complete the department certification process which includes full probe exposure to the device.
- Required to attend all defensive tactics training classes and demonstrate proficiency in detention techniques in a controlled environment, which includes but is not limited to the use of handcuffs and batons.
- Patrols all Tribal assets with patrol vehicles and/or bikes as designated by the Director of Public Safety. Demonstrates excellent use of equipment issued by and regularly documents through reports the condition of that equipment.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
- Will by example serve Fantasy Springs and the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians with exceptional service and professionalism, by action, word, and deed as a Public Safety Officer.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED/equivalent.
- Experience as a public safety officer, security officer or law enforcement required.
- Must possess a Guard Card, Permit for Exposed Firearm, Baton Permit, and able to obtain a gaming license.
- Must demonstrate the ability to perform defensive tactics, detainment and handcuffing techniques, use of Baton, and firearm safety/proficiency in a controlled environment.
- Must complete the Department’s CEW certification process which includes exposure to the Department’s issued device.
- Must have command of the English language and be computer literate.
- Must demonstrate the ability to properly documents incidents and testify in court or the hearing process regarding those reports.
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees working the Casino or Bowling Center may be exposed to second-hand smoke and moderate levels of noise. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet/or humid conditions and extreme cold (air conditioning). The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all shifts. The Casino is a gaming facility and is not a smoke-free environment.
The Company provides its employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision care, life insurance and a 401(k) Retirement Plan. In addition to these benefits you are entitled to paid time off (PTO), an employee assistance program (EAP) and more!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Cabazon Band of Mission Indians
84-245 Indio Springs Parkway
Indio, CA 92203-3499
Fax: (760) 238-5621
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino is located on the reservation of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians in southern California near the city of Indio, 22 miles east of Palm Springs and approximately 130 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino offers 1,800 slot and video poker machines, Bingo and 40 table games, which include Blackjack, Mini-Baccarat, California Craps, Jackpot Pai Gow, and Spanish 21.
The Resort offers 250 luxurious rooms with spectacular mountain views. Food and beverage venues include fine dining in The Bistro and casual dining or cocktails in JOY Asian Cuisine, POM, The Fresh Grill Buffet, The Pizza Kitchen, Lique , LIT bar & lounge, and the 12th Floor Cocktail Lounge & Wine Bar.
Guests can enjoy live entertainment from concerts to boxing in the Special Events Center and relax on the Eagle Falls Golf Course, a masterpiece with unique elevations and water features that is open for public play.