Security Manager + Relocation & Referral Bonuses - Monarch Casino Resort Spa
Security Manager + Relocation & Referral Bonuses
Monarch Casino Resort Spa
Black Hawk, Colorado 80422
Dec 09, 2021
Feb 16, 2022
Type of Position:
Job Title: Security Manager
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000
Status: Full Time
Other Compensation: This position is bonus eligible up to 10% of the annual salary after completion of on year which is determined by the Company in its sole discretion and based on certain Company and personal performance objectives.
Live and work where you vacation! Earn extra cash for the Holidays!
We are offering up to $5,000 in relocation reimbursement + up to $1,500 for each referral that starts by February 1st.
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits you in our all new ULTIMATE resort. Experience everything that surrounds our beautiful location in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, including world-class skiing, fishing and horseback riding.
Monarch’s ultimate resort features a Chophouse, 24/7 Café, Buffet, and Bistro Restaurant (coming soon). Experience the heart-pounding gaming action on our newly-expanded casino floor, featuring over 1,200 of the hottest slot machines, 40 table games including: black jack, Pai Gow, roulette, and baccarat with unlimited betting; a new poker room and sports betting room coming soon. On our 23rd floor experience breath taking panoramic mountain views in our Spa, Fitness Center, and Pool.
Reinforces department goals and vision to all direct reports and continually implements this strategy into overall communications.
Supervises, directly and/or indirectly, all Security & Valet Department team members including: selection, training, work direction, safety, communication, counseling, disciplining, performance evaluations and records.
- Oversight and training for emergency response procedures such matters as fires, bomb threats, power outages, and other serious matters or emergencies.
Directs and monitors the security and safety of property guests, employees, facilities, and grounds.
Conducts and reviews security investigations concerning all incidents and issues taking place on property. Makes necessary reports and notifies the Colorado Division of Gaming and local law enforcement agencies as needed and in partnership with the Casino Shift Manager and Surveillance.
Responsible for preparing and monitoring the Security & Valet Department budget and monthly financials.
- Prepares detailed and accurate reports on any security or medical related incident that occurs on the Monarch Casino property.
- Checks all security reports for accuracy and completeness and ensure timeliness.
- Ensure compliance with departmental and Company policies and procedures.
- Create and update weekly department schedule.
- Continually evaluate Team Members for alertness, appearance, and proper performance of duties.
- Observes, supervises and instructs shift officers in the performance of their duties.
- Determines personnel requirements and makes assignments at the beginning of each shift.
- Contact and communicate with all Casino Shift Managers and Surveillance as necessary.
- Ensure effective onboarding and training for new Security & Valet Team Members.
- Provide security and protection for guests, team members, property and assets.
- Maintains physical awareness of the Monarch Black Hawk property.
- Reacts promptly to disturbances where Security is required.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Be familiar with all areas of the Monarch Black Hawk Casino.
- Takes appropriate action, when required, of individuals suspected of illegal activities.
- Maintains liaison with outside agencies to facilitate the exchange of mutually beneficial information.
- Must be able to perform all duties of Shift Supervisors, Guest Assistance Officers and Valet Team Members.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Previous casino security experience preferred.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Colorado Support Gaming License.
Excellent guest service skills.
Ability to lead and mentor a team.
Have communication interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable in a "hands-on" management role
Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 2 Weeks PTO within your first year of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401k with company match
- Relocation Reimbursement
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) will enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- 1 Free Hot Meal per shift and Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- Up to 48 hours of Sick Pay for Team Members Under 30 hrs per Week
- 80% Subsidized Bus Transportation Options – most GRAVE positions 100% Subsidized
- Free Covered Parking
- Education/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar year)
- Wardrobe/Uniforms and Dry Cleaning Provided Free of Charge for most positions
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- Team Member Anniversary Recognition (earn resort credit, vacation trips and more!)
- Team Member Hotel, Retail, and Spa Discounts
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch we subsidize your bus transportation from 80% up to 100%!
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Monarch Casino Resort Spa
488 Main Street, PO Box 9
Black Hawk, CO 80422
Monarch Casino Resort Spa is conveniently located 45 minutes West of Denver in the historical mining town of Black Hawk, Colorado. It is the first casino you see when you arrive from Denver on Highway 119.
Monarch Casino Resort Spa features 30,000 sq. ft. of gaming space with 750 slot machines, video poker, and 12 table games that include Black Jack, Shoe or Double Deck, Pai Gow Poker, Craps, Roulette, and Three Card Poker Progressive.
We are undergoing an expansion that will double the casino floor, add a 516-room hotel tower, four restaurants, 1200 slots, 40 table games, a live poker room, a high-stakes area, an expanded gaming floor with over 60,000 square feet of gaming space, Rooftop pool and spa and 1,350 FREE parking spaces in our attached covered parking garage. The shortest distance from your car to the casino in the State!
With all the great things to come, Monarch needs great people. The casino is accepting applications for talented guest service oriented individuals to join the Monarch team. Ideal applicants will have exceptional communication skills and have a passion for excellent guest service.
By joining Monarch, team members will be well positioned to advance and grow along with the overall expansion. Since Monarch is a service oriented company, it is important to note that all Monarch Casino Resort Spa team members must adhere to strict professional image requirements - visible tattoos and visible body piercings are not permitted.
Monarch Casino Resort Spa is a Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. property. The parent company is Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (NASDAQ: MCRI), a publicly traded corporation.
Are you interested in:
- A Fast Track Career with Career Development and Career Advancement Opportunities?
- Flexible Works Schedules and Referral/Attendance Bonuses?
- Paid College Tuition, Free Meals, Discounted Transportation, Health Benefits and More?
- Team Member (TM) Referral Program – Not only do we pay our current TM up to $600, we pay your referral up to $1,600
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement up to $6,000 per calendar year
- Career Development and Advancement Opportunities
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Up to $100 in Weekly Cash Prizes
- Paid Trips to Atlantis Casino Resort Spa
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- Round Trip Bus Tickets for $4 per Day
- Free Parking
- Additional Premium Pay in Select Positions
- Paid Vacation
- 6 Observed Holidays
- Health Benefit Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision, disability, and more)
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4 per day!