Paramedic/Firefighter - 2 Opportunities To Work With A Great Community! - Mystic Lake Casino Hotel
Paramedic/Firefighter - 2 Opportunities To Work With A Great Community!
Mystic Lake Casino Hotel
Prior Lake, Minnesota 55372
Dec 30, 2021
Feb 16, 2022
Type of Position:
Responsible for providing high level emergency medical care, focusing on the ambulance transport environment within the Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community and surrounding partner agencies. Firefighting responsibilities include responding to fire calls within the community and state mutual aid partners. Other assignments include fire suppression preplanning within the community and community disaster response. Additional duties are assisting the shift captain in maintaining a high level of operational readiness.
- Responds to emergencies calls in an efficient manner, while providing ALS and BLS levels of care according to established protocols. These emergencies can be within the Mdewakanton Sioux community as well as responding for/with mutual aid partners in the surrounding communities. Firefighting operations include fire suppression, operating all fire ground equipment including but not limited to responding apparatus with fire pumps and aerials for suppression activities. Able to perform all firefighting activities such as fire suppression, ventilation, and overhaul and clean-up of fire ground equipment.
- Operates a variety of emergency response vehicles in a safe manner, to ensure the safety of crew members and the public during emergency calls for service. Vehicles include but are not limited to, ambulances type III, fire engine, fire aerial apparatus, squad response vehicle, and maintenance response vehicles.
- Community safety operational preparedness tasks include, preplanning for community disaster response including natural and unnatural disasters. Preplanning for fire suppression activities throughout the community.
- Trains other staff in medical policies and procedures. Training includes, ACLS, PALS, TEMS along with following the NCCR model for responding to medical and trauma request for service. Additional training includes fire fighter I, fire fighter II, hazardous materials operations. Continuing education is provided for currencies in all aspects of job duties.
- Operational readiness includes maintaining and cleaning all responding apparatus and station. Performs preventative maintenance inspections of apparatus and equipment. Maintains maintenance records of apparatus and equipment Performs periodic tests of hydrants, fire pumps, fire hose and other equipment.
Reflects MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATION and EXPERIENCE required in order to meet the expectations of this job:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Current state or national equivalent Paramedic (NRP) certification required.
- Able to obtain qualification IFSAC certification as Firefighter II level.
- Able to obtain Haz-Mat operations certification.
- Possess a valid State of Minnesota driver's license.
- Must satisfactorily perform the department daily physical fitness requirements.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on Apply Now to submit your Casino Careers resume and you will be directed to our Career Page where you must complete our Employment Application to be considered.
Mystic Lake Casino Hotel
2400 Mystic Lake Blvd
Prior Lake, MN 55372
Mystic Lake Casino located in Prior Lake, MN. Mystic Lake offers 600 luxurious hotel rooms, an indoor atrium pool and seven unique restaurants, including an award-winning buffet. Mystic Lake is conveniently located 25 minutes from downtown Minneapolis, Mall of America and the airport. The 125,000 square foot casino features 4,000 slots and 100 table games.
We believe our team members' talent, hard work, dedication and excellent guest service are the keys to the casino's success.
We reward our team members with a great benefits package that includes a competitive wage, shift differentials, 401(k), free uniforms (includes laundering), free beverages and discounted meals while working, discounted gas (8 cents off per gallon) at SDCS Convenience Store, and discounted Dakotah! Sport & Fitness health club membership. In addition, full time team members are eligible for medical and dental insurance, 3 weeks paid time off your first year, discounted on-site daycare, on-site pharmacy, on-site quick clinic, and tuition reimbursement.