Audio Tech- A2 - Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Audio Tech- A2
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Highland, California 92346
Nov 23, 2021
Feb 16, 2022
Type of Position:
Under the direction of the Production Manager, the Audio Technician is responsible for supporting the efficient set up, operation, striking, maintenance and reparations of audio and digital equipment to enhance the live entertainment experience and special events performed throughout the Event Center.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Performs set up and installs equipment such as microphones, speakers, recording equipment, connecting wires, cables and audio mixing consoles for events and functions such as concerts, sports events, meetings and conventions, presentations, and news conferences
2. Sets up and tears down all audiovisual equipment. Loads in and patches audio cabling and feeds.
3. Operates Yamaha PM/CL digital audio consoles during events, provides clients with appropriate microphones and instructs them on how to use them. Coordinates and monitors audio feeds to various devices and locations around the event center.
4. Mixes and routes audio, using a strong working knowledge of Dante digital audio routing and proficiency in Yamaha PM/CL digital mixing consoles.
5. Assists with artist rider interpretations and specifications to adequately prepare for live events. This includes but not limited to setting up live events per schematics including the construction of staging, set up, installation, back line, drum kits, amplifiers, monitors, percussions, keyboards, drum pads, microphones, etc.
6. Communicates with Audio lead to determine tour audio needs.
7. Cleans and sanitizes Audio Visual equipment and stores properly after use.
8. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Associates degree in live entertainment performance audio or related field required.
- Minimum of four (4) years of live music venue experience with large-scale events and tours required.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Musical touring and electrical experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in the use of a Yamaha PM/CL Series digital audio consoles.
- Advanced knowledge of sound software including Smaart V8, Waves Central, Qlab, Resolume, Dante, Yamaha PM/CL editor, Yamaha Stage mix, Soundcraft UI and logic pro.
- Must have manual dexterity, technical acumen. An excellent ear and eye for sound and image quality is required.
- Must have experience as a A2 level Audio Engineer or higher for live music performances.
- Experience with L-Acoustics line array preferred.
- Must be a strong self-starter who is able to set priorities under pressure of deadlines and maintain the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have exceptional customer service and communication skills and be able to work well with others within a team environment.
- Must be proficient in both Mac and PC platforms. Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft 365 preferred.
- Must possess the ability to learn and thoroughly understand current and new technical systems. Must be able to read and understand technical materials.
- Must possess the ability to understand, synthesize, and troubleshoot large complex audio systems.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the companys insurance carrier.
- Professional certification in Audio and Visual technology is preferred.
- Certification from OSHA-10 and 30 preferred.
- Certification in Yamaha PM Series consoles, Dante, Q-sys strongly preferred.
- AVIXA-CTS certification is preferred.
Yaamava Resort and Casino at San Manuel will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
Why you’ll want to work on our Team:
After 35 years, long time Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel employees still love their jobs
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel – San Manuel Casino is now Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel.
We are located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA, Our gaming resort is owned and operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority.
Phase 1 of our expansion opened July 24 with an expanded casino space offering more than 6,500 slots, five high-limit gaming rooms, live entertainment, a full array of dining options which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, the Hong Bao Kitchen, Just Barbeque, the Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, the Chingon Kitchen, Quick Bikes, the Big Mo’ Cafe, the TuTu’s Food Court and six cocktail lounges and bars.
Our luxury resort features a 17-floor hotel tower with 432 guest rooms and suites, an elevated pool deck experience, a lavish full-service spa and salon, expanded dining options, convenient 24-hour in-room dining. Our gaming resort offers sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us.
Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive Benefits Program:
Apply today to join our team!