Crew Chief, Entertainment Venue - Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Crew Chief, Entertainment Venue
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Highland, California 92346
Nov 21, 2021
Feb 16, 2022
Type of Position:
Under the direction of the Production Manager, the Event Center Crew Chief ensures the success of show and event productions by managing the technical aspects and labor related to event load in, set-up, and load out. This position holds responsibility for the coordination and implementation of the set up for all technical stage aspects inclusive of, but not limited to, electrics, audio, fly, crewing, logistics and preventative maintenance for all stage systems. The Event Center Crew Chief also champions the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that faithfully reflects and upholds the Tribe’s vision, mission, and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Collaborates with production manager to determine the requirements of the forthcoming event. Prepares the event labor estimate and updates leadership with any adjustments to the estimate.
2. Oversees load-ins, set ups, show runs, and strikes for all shows inclusive of San Manuel tribal events, Yaamava’ Resort and Casino promotional events, and national concert tours.
3. Communicates the details of the evening’s event to the production crew and all relevant in-house departments.
4. Verifies that members of the band(s) have required items need to perform.
5. Ensures sure all policies and procedures are enforced regarding staging, safety, and show protocol. Prepares and process payroll for stagehands and riggers.
6. Provides the training and necessary follow up needed to ensure safe working conditions in accordance with Yaamava’ policies and applicable EEO and OSHA regulations.
7. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and assumes other responsibilities, duties, tasks and assignments that contribute to the mitigation or response to any public health emergency.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Makes hiring decisions and designs individual development plans with succession planning in mind for all key roles.
- Bachelors Degree in related field required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of tour and stage production experience required.
- Previous experience in a leadership role preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Experience in stage lighting, pro audio systems and basic video systems required.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to make clear concise decisions; sometimes with limited information.
- Must possess the capability to understand and work from general instructions, specifications, blueprints, sketches and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Must have experience overseeing the use of heavy equipment including forklifts, boom lifts, scissor lifts, and other equipment typically found in live entertainment facilities.
- Must possess proficiency in all Microsoft applications and demonstrate computer literacy in Windows applications.
- Must possess superior interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the companys insurance carrier.
Yaamava Resort and Casino at San Manuel will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
Why you’ll want to work on our Team:
After 35 years, long time Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel employees still love their jobs
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel – San Manuel Casino is now Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel.
We are located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA, Our gaming resort is owned and operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority.
Phase 1 of our expansion opened July 24 with an expanded casino space offering more than 6,500 slots, five high-limit gaming rooms, live entertainment, a full array of dining options which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, the Hong Bao Kitchen, Just Barbeque, the Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, the Chingon Kitchen, Quick Bikes, the Big Mo’ Cafe, the TuTu’s Food Court and six cocktail lounges and bars.
Our luxury resort features a 17-floor hotel tower with 432 guest rooms and suites, an elevated pool deck experience, a lavish full-service spa and salon, expanded dining options, convenient 24-hour in-room dining. Our gaming resort offers sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us.
Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive Benefits Program:
Apply today to join our team!