Rigger - Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Highland, California 92346
Nov 21, 2021
Feb 16, 2022
Type of Position:
Under the direction of the Events Center Crew Chief, the Rigger is responsible for set up and operation of rigging equipment for live events to ensure the best result and highest level of safety. The Rigger is knowledgeable in different rigging setups and for different types of live events. This role requires strong technical and creative skills for the level of productions produced. The rigger is responsible for performing installation and fabrication of rigging hardware, battens, curtain tracks, electrical plug boxes/strips and all related items. Installations require the rigger work at heights ranging from twelve to sixty feet from floor level, and may often call for the use of safety equipment and climbing. While much of the work involves individual initiative and judgment, working with team members is critical when performing rigging installation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Follows instructions and details from Production Manager with highest level of safety and precision. Partners with management using creative feedback to create Best in Class productions.
2. Sets up truss, staging, and motorized equipment before events. Oversees rigging install/strike.
3. Performs installation and fabrication of rigging hardware, battens, curtain tracks, electrical plug boxes/strips and all related items. Installations require the rigger work at heights ranging from twelve to sixty feet from floor level, and may often call for the use of safety equipment and climbing.
4. Collaborates with audio, video, camera, and other event crew to produce seamless productions.
5. Addresses and resolves technical issues when they arise.
6. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High school diploma or GED required. Degree in audio/sound engineering or related field a plus.
- Two (2) years experience as a Rigger required.
- Technical expertise in AV required and experience with rigging installs required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Creativity and attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the companys insurance carrier.
- Rigging Certificate (ETCP and/or SPRAT/IRATA Certification) required.
Yaamava Resort and Casino at San Manuel will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
Why you’ll want to work on our Team:
After 35 years, long time Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel employees still love their jobs
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel – San Manuel Casino is now Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel.
We are located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA, Our gaming resort is owned and operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority.
Phase 1 of our expansion opened July 24 with an expanded casino space offering more than 6,500 slots, five high-limit gaming rooms, live entertainment, a full array of dining options which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, the Hong Bao Kitchen, Just Barbeque, the Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, the Chingon Kitchen, Quick Bikes, the Big Mo’ Cafe, the TuTu’s Food Court and six cocktail lounges and bars.
Our luxury resort features a 17-floor hotel tower with 432 guest rooms and suites, an elevated pool deck experience, a lavish full-service spa and salon, expanded dining options, convenient 24-hour in-room dining. Our gaming resort offers sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us.
Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive Benefits Program:
Apply today to join our team!