IT Project Manager - Muckleshoot Casino
IT Project Manager
Auburn, Washington 98092
Nov 18, 2021
Jan 31, 2022
Type of Position:
The IT Program Manager provides oversight on the program, from shaping the approach to achieve the desired outcomes through delivery. The position involves coordinating projects and resource management within the program, stakeholder and sponsor communications, reporting, program financial management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description may be amended, at any time.
- Practice, support and promote the Mission, Vision and Values of Muckleshoot Casino.
- Leads the development of the overall approach for the program, its major time frames and the definition of its major deliverables to address and meet the desired goals and outcomes.
- Partners with the executive sponsor to communicate program goals, objectives and potential outcomes
- Leads regular interactions with the executive sponsor to inform, alert, negotiate and maintain a continuing good relationship and shared vision for the program outcome.
- Establishes and ensures appropriate governance functions for the program in accordance with enterprise policies, practices and on behalf of the executive sponsor or senior responsible owner.
- Development and maintenance of the required program documentation and artifacts.
- Develops and controls the program budget and manages expenditure within agreed spending plans.
- Ensures and balances the availability of the required skills and competencies across project teams within the program
- Leads reviews with the executive sponsor and stakeholders to identify organic or specific program needs and changes and directs the development of appropriate approaches to address.
- Leads the development and maintenance of stakeholder mapping, communications and reporting.
- Acts as an advisor and builds and maintains relationships across the wider stakeholder community.
- Leads the oversight of program projects’ execution, their progress compared with the plan and the production of agreed deliverables.
- Monitors and coordinates dependencies across the projects in the program, and resolves conflicts.
- Manage project scope and its impacts on business outcomes.
- Control and manage project costs (including internal and external resources).
- Assess project issues and risk as well as their resolution and communication to senior management, key stakeholders.
- Understand the impact of changes of cost, schedule, scope, or resources on the project and the business value that it is intended to deliver.
- Communicate project decisions, deliverables, project health and status, and issues and risks with all team members and key stakeholders.
- Prepare timely status reports.
- Maintain project plans and work breakdown structures.
- Ensure agreed upon project success criteria is met.
- Manage the work plan and staffing for each phase of the project.
- Work to fill gaps in resource requirements both internally and externally.
- Manage the resource-staffing plan for the life of the project.
- Follow the appropriate project change request processes for managing and accessing impact of requested changes to the initiatives.
- Monitor and manage time tracking for internal resources.
- Develop contingency plans for potential risks.
- Review/gather status reports from the team and issues weekly project/initiative status reports.
- Influence and holds team members accountable for assigned tasks.
- Set and review expectations with team members.
- Identify and resolve conflicts among team members and works with the IT PMO, and management towards resolution.
- Ensure project tasks and deliverables meet requirements and completed on schedule.
- Manage entire project communications in a timely manner to appropriate levels, and escalates issues as needed.
- Utilize the lifecycle methodology throughout all phases of the project. Maintain project documentation, including project initiation requests, capital and expense costs, project plans, lifecycle documents, and utilize approved tools.
- Manage project budget, including creation, revisions, and variance explanations.
- Operate as a role model, providing coaching, direction and training in project management to other IT team members.
- Create, facilitate and maintain a positive work environment.
- Smile and engage Guests and Team Members with a positive professional demeanor.
- Perform other job duties as assigned
Extent of Job Authority
Under the direction of the IT Director, will act in compliance with statutory requirements, Tribal and Casino Policies and Procedures in personnel management matters.
- Number of Initial Direct Reports: 2
- Number of Initial Indirect Reports: 0 – may vary or change at any time
- Scope of Management Authority: Manager - Reports to Executive level
- Hiring Decisions: Yes
- Corrective Actions: Yes
- Termination Decisions: Yes
Licenses or Certifications
- PMP Certification required.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt/ Black Belt preferred
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) preferred
Education, Experience and Training
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree Required (Preferred in Engineering, IS or Technical Degree), Master’s degree preferred.
Ten (10) years successful IT Program Manager experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
- Eight (8) years project management responsibilities required.
- Five (5) years’ experience managing progressively complex enterprise scale initiatives that span 12+ months
- Three (3) years’ experience managing projects with budgets in excess of 1MM
- Ten (10) years on the job experience in a technical field required.
- Eight (8) years of project portfolio management tools experience, such as Microsoft Project Online, CA Clarity, Planview, etc. with evidence of practical application.
Specific Skills/Knowledge/Abilities Required
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of project management methodology.
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to develop and communicate the program objectives, inspire and motivate staff, and maintain alignment with the business strategy.
- A high degree of political sensitivity, astuteness and the ability to use the informal power structure of the organization to achieve program success and overcome obstacles.
- A high level of empathy and the ability to vary styles of interaction to match the needs of a variety of temperaments and personalities.
- Strong business acumen, including industry- and domain-specific knowledge. Familiarity with industry trends and innovation.
- Influencing and negotiation experience and skills in an environment with high competition for resources.
- Excellent analytical, strategic planning and execution skills.
- Demonstrate advanced verbal and written communications skills, ability to present in both technical and non-technical terms. Read, write and speak English fluently.
- Experience across a range of project types.
- Demonstrate advanced facilitation skills, ability to collaborate effectively with other team members.
- Exhibit proven expert analytical, negotiation, diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of business processes and the application of technology in achieving business objective.
- Demonstrate ability to operate in a self-directed environment.
- Demonstrate ability to direct/supervise the work of others.
- Demonstrate ability to foster a positive work environment by promoting teamwork, open communication, and corporate culture.
- Demonstrate proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining deadlines.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate and resolve conflicts among team members, which may include internal/external Guests.
- Demonstrate highly effective task management skills.
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, adequate transportation and demonstrate willingness to work nights, overnights, weekends and holidays to meet department projects
- Must be able to support project deployments and go-live activities which requires being on-site longer than standard 8 hour shift.
Our competitive compensation package consists of:
- Excellent Wages
- Company-paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days
- Retirement Plan
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume and you will be redirected to our Career Page. All applicants must complete our Company Online Application to be considered for the position.
2402 Auburn Way, South
Auburn, WA 98092
Muckleshoot Casino, the biggest and best casino in the Northwest, opened in April 1995 and is owned and operated by the Muckleshoot Indian Tribe. Muckleshoot Casino is located about 30 miles Southeast of Seattle, WA.
Muckleshoot Casino features the largest video gaming selection in the state with over 3,000 machines as well as more than 100 table games, a separate poker room, and over 40,000 square feet of smoke-free gaming.
Muckleshoot Casino also provides eight dining destinations proffering a culinary trip around the world and proudly delivers the best value in entertainment in Club Galaxy where many shows are free!
Muckleshoot Casino is proud of our exceptional work environment which promotes excellence in our team members.
Our competitive compensation package consists of:
Company-paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Paid Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days