Theater Operations Supervisor - Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Theater Operations Supervisor
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Highland, California 92346
Nov 16, 2021
Feb 16, 2022
Type of Position:
Under the direction of the Manager, Theater Operations the Supervisor, Theater Operations is responsible for the day-to-day operations by providing optimal guest experience and introducing initiatives to improve guest and team member satisfaction based on established Yaamava’ Resort & Casino standards. The Manager, Theater Operations plays a key role by providing the operational guidance to assure the smooth operation of shows and events, in addition to their involvement in planning, developing, and maintaining venue schedules to provide Best in Class service for performers, vendors, and team members. The Supervisor, Theater Operations also champions the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that faithfully reflects and upholds the Tribe’s vision, mission and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Oversees and provides guidance to achieve Best in Class entertainment service and acts as the supervisor on duty during all events to assure enterprise fulfilment and excellent guest experience. Organizes and schedules designated team to meet the size/ needs of the event, in addition to communicating and enforcing all security regulations and protocols. Monitors team member schedules to provide in-house team for performers such as crowd control, box office, and entertainment representatives to assist on-site crew, as needed.
2. Ensures all front of house physical elements are ready for the event by providing contractors with technical and physical data (blueprints) on the facility to include seating chart, ingress locations, and designated merchandise sales location. Advises tour management and private contractors on space utilization, special arrangements, building policies, and fire regulations.
3. Enforces exclusivity of Catering by coordinating with SMC’s Food & Beverage department to ensure artists, performers, and their teams needs are met appropriately. Proactively identifies issues and/or quality assurance concerns, supervises the operations of events and tends to any incidents by demonstrating a sense of urgency to provide resolution for guests and industry representatives.
4. Manages vendors, maintains client files, and maintains venue inventory list. Tracks, submits, and stock supply orders to maintain sufficient levels and inputs all sales in reporting system. Ensures supplies are in stock for success of nightly sales.
5. Stays abreast of current industry trends and standards. Works cross-functionally with various departments to ensure smooth operation of events and guest relations. Collaborates with Marketing to promote the location and events through the appropriate marketing channels.
6. Coordinates and facilitates all front of house set up and operations. Hire, train, and develop guest service staff. Advance each show with tour security directors and liaison with Public Safety to create secure and welcoming environment for artists, guests, staff and vendors. Provide communication for daily run of show, show security protocols, and incoming VIPs.
7. Maintains a clean venue in accordance with SMC safety standards and practices. Ensures preventative maintenance on all equipment to ensure safe usage by team members and guests.
8. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and assumes other responsibilities, duties, tasks and assignments that contribute to the mitigation or response to any public health emergency.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Makes hiring decisions and designs individual development plans with succession planning in mind for all key roles.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration and/or related field required.
- Minimum three (3) years of related work experience to include working in a live events environment, with a minimum of two (2) years in a supervisory position. Ability to work under pressure, while handling money, utilizing prescribed cash management controls, and day-to-day tasks concurrently.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct tour experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational requirements indicated above.
- Experience managing highly functional departments including Food and Beverage, Guest Service, Merchandise, Security, and VIP Services.
- Ability to create and develop unique guest offerings, delivering on a Best in Class expectation.
- Basic understanding of live entertainment production and terminology preferred.
- Familiarity with AXS or Ticketmaster entry scanning and protocols.
- Dependable, reliable, and punctual.
- Ability to work assigned and varying shifts and complete responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in various parts of the facility.
- Ability to work in various climates based on the environment.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative with minimal supervision.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with employees and others encountered through the course of employment.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using MS-DOS, MS Windows, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word and ticketing operating system(s).
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Strong leadership and people management skills required with good motivational and collaboration emphasis; communicates change effectively, overcomes resistance and builds commitment.
- Ability to delegate, multi-task, lead and prioritize effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Must maintain a strict level of confidentiality and act in a manner consistent with all legal and regulatory requirements and in compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Must be personable and professional, capable of using caution and discretion in communication.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the companys insurance carrier.
Yaamava Resort and Casino at San Manuel will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
Why you’ll want to work on our Team:
After 35 years, long time Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel employees still love their jobs
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel – San Manuel Casino is now Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel.
We are located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA, Our gaming resort is owned and operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority.
Phase 1 of our expansion opened July 24 with an expanded casino space offering more than 6,500 slots, five high-limit gaming rooms, live entertainment, a full array of dining options which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, the Hong Bao Kitchen, Just Barbeque, the Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, the Chingon Kitchen, Quick Bikes, the Big Mo’ Cafe, the TuTu’s Food Court and six cocktail lounges and bars.
Our luxury resort features a 17-floor hotel tower with 432 guest rooms and suites, an elevated pool deck experience, a lavish full-service spa and salon, expanded dining options, convenient 24-hour in-room dining. Our gaming resort offers sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us.
Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive Benefits Program:
Apply today to join our team!