Corporate FP&A Manager - Monarch Casino Resort Spa
Corporate FP&A Manager
Monarch Casino Resort Spa
Black Hawk, Colorado 80422
May 16, 2022
Jul 29, 2022
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa is a wholly owned subsidiary of Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (NASDAQ: MCRI), a publicly traded corporation recognized by Forbes on their "Most Trustworthy Companies" list and rated as America’s Best and Mid-Size Employers.
Atlantis has opened an exclusive Senior Financial Analyst career opportunity.
This is a great opportunity for a high-potential professional with finance/business degree and extensive experience and interest in analytics, technology and data processing. This position will be critical in making and executing strategic financial and operational decisions across the Company. The individual will have broad responsibility in financial planning and analysis, reporting, business intelligence and market analytics. This position reports to the VP of Finance.
- Drive key processes as financial modeling, budgeting, forecasting
- Implement best practices in FP&A and reporting; implement latest technology and methodology in analytics
- Review the financial statements and perform monthly/ quarterly financial variance analysis, including revenue, expenses, cost of sales, labor, headcount, capital expenditures
- Generate financial and operational reporting packages for key internal and external stakeholders.
- Understand the processes, objectives and value drivers in each department and collaborate with operation, finance and accounting leaders to analyze and report business drivers.
- Analyze financial and operational information and reports to provide accurate and timely recommendations to management and executives for decision-making purposes.
- Monitor KPI reporting, to discover opportunities for operational improvements
- Monitor performance indicators to discover new and emphasize on existing trends
- Develop commentary on analysis and reports, as required, and to present to the Company’s executive leadership
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analytics
- Follow and report on market and industry trends
- Perform scenario analysis, ROI analysis on capital project and major operational spending
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or a related field, MBA is a plus
- 5+ year experience in FP&A in a high growth, preferably publicly traded company
- Robust financial modeling experience with ability to understand and construct financial models
- Advanced MS Excel and financial modeling skills
- Knowledge of SQL Server Management Studio, or have a desire to learn
- Knowledge of Cognos Finance, Cognos BI and TM1, or have a desire to learn
- Possess high level of business analytic skills to translate data into information in a usable and presentable form
- Able to work independently with great attention to detail
- Possess effective skills for managing projects
- Be able to prioritize, organize and “get it done”
- Accuracy is a “must”, creative mind and being a team player are essential qualities
- High intellectual curiosity and passion for problem solving
- High energy and focus on delivering results in a fast-moving environment
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Monarch Casino Resort Spa
488 Main Street, PO Box 9
Black Hawk, CO 80422
Monarch Casino Resort Spa is conveniently located 45 minutes West of Denver in the historical mining town of Black Hawk, Colorado. It is the first casino you see when you arrive from Denver on Highway 119.
Monarch Casino Resort Spa features 30,000 sq. ft. of gaming space with 750 slot machines, video poker, and 12 table games that include Black Jack, Shoe or Double Deck, Pai Gow Poker, Craps, Roulette, and Three Card Poker Progressive.
We are undergoing an expansion that will double the casino floor, add a 516-room hotel tower, four restaurants, 1200 slots, 40 table games, a live poker room, a high-stakes area, an expanded gaming floor with over 60,000 square feet of gaming space, Rooftop pool and spa and 1,350 FREE parking spaces in our attached covered parking garage. The shortest distance from your car to the casino in the State!
With all the great things to come, Monarch needs great people. The casino is accepting applications for talented guest service oriented individuals to join the Monarch team. Ideal applicants will have exceptional communication skills and have a passion for excellent guest service.
By joining Monarch, team members will be well positioned to advance and grow along with the overall expansion. Since Monarch is a service oriented company, it is important to note that all Monarch Casino Resort Spa team members must adhere to strict professional image requirements - visible tattoos and visible body piercings are not permitted.
Monarch Casino Resort Spa is a Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. property. The parent company is Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (NASDAQ: MCRI), a publicly traded corporation.
Are you interested in:
- A Fast Track Career with Career Development and Career Advancement Opportunities?
- Flexible Works Schedules and Referral/Attendance Bonuses?
- Paid College Tuition, Free Meals, Discounted Transportation, Health Benefits and More?
- Team Member (TM) Referral Program – Not only do we pay our current TM up to $600, we pay your referral up to $1,600
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement up to $6,000 per calendar year
- Career Development and Advancement Opportunities
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Up to $100 in Weekly Cash Prizes
- Paid Trips to Atlantis Casino Resort Spa
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- Round Trip Bus Tickets for $4 per Day
- Free Parking
- Additional Premium Pay in Select Positions
- Paid Vacation
- 6 Observed Holidays
- Health Benefit Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision, disability, and more)
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4 per day!