Table Games Floor Supervisor (West Valley) - Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
67418 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Table Games Floor Supervisor (West Valley)
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Glendale, Arizona 85305
May 17, 2022
Aug 01, 2022
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
Under direct supervision of the Table Games Pit Manager, monitors all Table Games offered by Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE), dealers, and all non-department personnel coming in contact with the Table Games pit on assigned shifts while creating a fun, friendly, and courteous environment for all guests.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Practices outstanding guest service, to both internal and external guests, by promoting teamwork and creating a fun, friendly and inviting atmosphere that encourages mutual respect
• Implements and ensures compliance with department, casino, gaming regulatory policies, procedures, and internal controls
• Proactive in anticipating guests needs striving to provide memorable service experiences
• Arrives on property to work in complete uniform well-groomed appearance and clean hygiene
• Presents a polished and professional image at all times
• Basic knowledge of other games and services offered by TOGE at each property
• Routinely strives to build and achieve guest satisfaction
• Manages table inventories
• Maintains confidentiality regarding customer play
• Communicates effectively with all co-workers and guests
• Supervises the operation of an assigned number of tables and dealers and identify possible irregularities in player/dealer conduct
• Relays pertinent information regarding daily business to incoming Table Games Floor Supervisor whenever leaving a designated section
• Evaluates and coaches all dealers to increase skill level
• Ensures dealer quality and efficiency so they may deal at the Department mandated game pace (hands per hour)
• Ensures safeguarding of all company assets
• Ensures the integrity of all games
• Informs Table Games Shift Manager of any deviation from standard operating procedures
• Renders impartial decisions using all available means, i.e. dealer/player, information and surveillance
• Maintains player tracking log and table activity card and player rating. Assists in maintaining the cleanliness of Table Games area
• Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required
• Performs other duties as assigned
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus 2 years dealing experience as a casino dealer with the games of Craps, Roulette, and Blackjack plus a minimum of 2 years supervising all primary games (primary game is defined as craps, blackjack, roulette, and, baccarat) or successful completion of the Desert Diamond Casino Table Games Floor Supervisors mentoring and training program. Must be able to pass a basic Table Games strategy exam. Must be able to pass a math exam which includes specific player rating scenarios. Must be 18 years of age or older. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
• Extensive Knowledge of, and ability to deal, all table games offered by TOGE
• Extensive and complete knowledge of Internal Controls
• Knowledge of procedures and casino floor operations
• Extensive knowledge and practice of all Title 31 requirements
• Skill in human relations, communication and supervision of assigned staff
• Must know basic strategy and identify warning signs of advantage play
• Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public
• Ability to apply basic mathematical skills to player and money tracking
• Ability to practice the principles of public relations and outstanding guest service Ability to appropriately manage stressful situations, occasionally dealing with irate customers
• Ability to respond to visual and auditory cues
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form
• Ability to obtain and maintain gaming license
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work will be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts will be required.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To be considered for this position you must complete our Employment Application. Please click on Apply Now and you'll be redirected to our online form.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment offers a convenient, memorable entertainment experience in Tucson, Sahuarita, Why and Glendale, Arizona. Amenities include unmatched gaming options, fine dining, the Monsoon Nightclub and world-class sporting events, music concerts and comedy sets at the Diamond Center. Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment also offers one of the region's finest convention centers and high-tech meeting facilities.
An enterprise of the Tohono O’odham Nation, Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment has been in the gaming and entertainment business for almost 30 years, beginning in 1985 with the opening of Papago Bingo in the Tucson area.
In 1993, the first Desert Diamond Casino was opened on Nogales Highway. Six years later, a smaller facility opened in Why, Arizona. The third Desert Diamond Casino near Sahuarita was opened in 2001. In 2007, the original casino on Nogales Highway was replaced with a new casino, hotel and convention center complex. Our newest property, Desert Diamond Casino – West Valley opened in late 2015 and has quickly become one of the Phoenix metropolitan area’s hottest spots.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment West Valley - located in Glendale, Arizona offers a 35,000 sq. ft. casino. The property opened in February 2020, offering more than 1,100 slot machines, 380 bingo seats, 36 poker-style tables, and 48 blackjack-style tables.
Food and beverage-wise, the casino offers A massive bar with a second-story mezzanine overlooking the casino floor, a food court, Nineteen 86 Steakhouse, Edge Bar and Winners Sports Bar.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Tucson offers over 1,000 slots, a poker room with 8 poker tables and the area's most competitive tournaments, 24 table games including live blackjack, high-stakes bingo and fabulous keno.The hotel located only minutes from the Tucson International Airport includes complimentary wireless internet access, a heated outdoor pool, jetted hydro-spa, patio seating with a fire pit, exercise facilities, coffee bar and lounge.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Sahuarita offers hundreds of slots and live blackjack tables. Food & Beverage venues include three restaurants - the Agave Restaurant offering fine dining, the Diamond Buffet and the Diamond Grill, as well as the two cocktail lounges.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Why is the perfect rest stop for travelers on their way to Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point) or making the trek to western Arizona. Guests can play slots at the self-service gas station and fully stocked convenience store.