Fine Dining Restaurant Chef - Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Fine Dining Restaurant Chef
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Indio, California 92203
May 17, 2022
Jun 28, 2022
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the outlet kitchen(s). Operates the kitchen in a successful manner as directed by Executive Chef.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Must have an active repertoire of dishes to advance the culinary experience of the outlet staff, and be effective in communicating this curriculum to staff through an ongoing training program.
- Be familiar with traditional and contemporary methods of preparing and presenting local, regional, national and international styles of food.
- Have documented ability to successfully manage individuals and groups in accordance with all current local, state and federal regulations.
- Be current with present health and safety regulations to include local and national certification including Serv-Safe or other nationally recognized certification
- Be aware of contemporary nutritional and health requirements of customer base including dietary and safe food restrictions.
- Have a working knowledge of computers to include spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Have a working knowledge of food and labor costs and how they are affected by the food production operation.
This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Advanced knife handling skills.
- Advanced Computer knowledge.
- Basic math skills.
- Working understanding of food and labor costs.
- Written and verbal understanding of English.
- 8 years of culinary work experience with 2 years at a supervisory level.
- 2 years culinary education certification preferred.
- Hotel Resort experience preferred.
Employees working the Casino or Bowling Center may be exposed to second-hand smoke and moderate levels of noise. Work entails various conditions of noise levels, temperature, illumination, air quality, crowding, balance and handling of sharp and hot objects. Long hours with over time required at times. Work requires knowledge and use of chemicals and electrical equipment.
The Company provides its employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision care, life insurance and a 401(k) Retirement Plan. In addition to these benefits you are entitled to paid time off (PTO), an employee assistance program (EAP) and more!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Cabazon Band of Mission Indians
84-245 Indio Springs Parkway
Indio, CA 92203-3499
Fax: (760) 238-5621
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino is located on the reservation of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians in southern California near the city of Indio, 22 miles east of Palm Springs and approximately 130 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino offers 2,000 slot and video poker machines, Bingo and 40 table games, which include Blackjack, Mini-Baccarat, California Craps, Jackpot Pai Gow, and Spanish 21.
The Resort offers 250 luxurious rooms with spectacular mountain views. Food and beverage venues include fine dining in The Bistro and casual dining or cocktails in JOY Asian Cuisine, POM, The Fresh Grill Buffet, The Pizza Kitchen, Lique , LIT bar & lounge, and the 12th Floor Cocktail Lounge & Wine Bar.
Guests can enjoy live entertainment from concerts to boxing in the Special Events Center and relax on the Eagle Falls Golf Course, a masterpiece with unique elevations and water features that is open for public play.