General Manager - Red Earth Casino
66961 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Red Earth Casino
Thermal, California 92274
Nov 19, 2021
Dec 19, 2021
Type of Position:
All Executive Management
The General Manager participates in formulating and administrating company policies and developing long range goals and objectives.
- Establishes forms of communication that is effective and will reach all levels of the organization.
- Develops and reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Responsible for company's budgets.
- Providing meaningful and timely financial reports to the Tribe.
- Develops and administers the company's strategic business plan.
- Manage the preparation, on-going evaluation and updating of long-range comprehensive program plans.
- Assist in the preparation, negotiation, implementation, and monitoring on a timely basis, contracts and cooperative agreements that will enable the Casino to achieve its goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the authorization for all newly hired personnel, including the skills assessment and training of casino personnel.
- Exercise full range of supervisory duties for all department managers, defining and delegating responsibilities and authorities as appropriate, ensuring all functions and activities are completed, issue reprimands, and complete timely evaluations for all Casino employees.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Casino Board of Directors and the Tribes Gaming Regulatory Commission to ensure the profitability and integrity of the Casino and to protect the Casino's assets.
- Provide monthly financial and department status reports to the Casino Board of Directors and coordinate the satisfactory completion of financial and performance audits of the Casino.
- Adhere to Casino standards of excellence in guest service and confidentiality.
- Manage and resolve guest problems or complaints directly and with referrals to appropriate supervisors.
- Perform other job-related duties as directed.
- Duties, responsibilities, requirements and expectations pertaining to this job are subject to change as needed.
- Other duties as directed. Hours are determined by 24 hour schedule and subject to change.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of 24/7 gaming operation.
- Skill in developing, implementing, coordinating and monitoring functions related to a gaming operation.
- Skills in effectively communicating information through verbal and written to employees, managers, clients, customers and the general public, including writing reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Excellent organizational, communications and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of general business administration including personnel practices and employment laws, budgeting, general accounting and fiscal management practices.
- Skill in assessing operation, staffing and fiscal needs.
- Skills in identifying and resolving administrative and employee problems under pressure conditions.
- Professional knowledge of management concepts, principles and practices, and practices applicable to the full range of duties and administrative activities concerned with the management of a Casino. This includes, but is not limited to compliance with all laws, enforcement of safety and security requirements and personnel, finance, property, and records management systems.
- Ability to make management decisions requiring independent judgment and to identify and refer other issues to the proper authorities.
- Ability to communicate clearly with staff, Tribal, Federal, State and local government officials and the general public, both orally and in writing.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Knowledge of formulating policy, program development, staff direction, supervision training, and development of organizational plans, and the effective accomplishment of set goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively to establish cooperative linkages among staff; to help resolve interpersonal and interdepartmental misunderstandings.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information pertinent to the nature of the work. • Strong written and oral communication skills.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (BA) from four-year College or university or equivalent required; and eight to ten years' experience in Gaming Operations or a combination of Experience and Education.
- Qualified candidates MUST have Casino Gaming Experience in a senior Management role.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Torres Martinez Tribal License & State of CA Tribal Key Employee license(s)
Salary Range: $135,000 – $155,000 Year (depending on experience)
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button which will submit your Casino Careers resume. You may also use the Email Employer button to submit your resume and cover letter.
Red Earth Casino
3089 Norm Niver Road
Salton Sea Beach, CA 92274
Red Earth Casino, is owned by the Torres Martinez Desert Cahuilla Tribe, is just a 20 minute short drive south of Coachella Valley in Salton Sea Beach, CA. It is the friendliest casino featuring a wide selection of over 400 slots machines, a restaurant and a full service bar, homemade ice cream parlor as well as a large Travel Center. Over 20,000 square foot building space and offering a spectacular view of the Salton Sea and its surrounding communities.
Red Earth Casino offers excellent wages, generous benefits, dedication to employee career advancement and enhancement through training and development. Red Earth Casino prides itself in growth, opportunity, friendliness, cleanliness, and the most exciting Gaming Experience the desert has to offer.
In addition to a large variety of diverse positions, we offer:
Vision Care Insurance
Team Member Meal Discounts
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)