Lead Cashier/Host(ess) - Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Highland, California 92346
May 13, 2022
Sep 14, 2022
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The Lead Cashier is responsible for the functional supervision of a team of cashiers; providing training, monitoring, and assistance with operational issues. This position is primarily mobile as they proactively visit registers, providing direction and support to team members, and ensuring excellent customer service.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Oversees assignment of team member sections; ensures all sections are covered and team members are abiding by break schedule. Oversees all cash register transactions, processing of customer purchases, and overrides pursuant to San Manuel Food & Beverage standards. Monitors and maintains cleanliness of venue and confirms all appropriate side work duties are being performed.
2. Reviews and audits cash register transactions to verify proper documentation of comps, voids and discounts. Enforces all safety, health, and security rules, and ensures exceptional customer service standards are consistently met.
3. Provides training for new and existing team members on departmental and applicable San Manuel overarching policies and procedures.
4. Cleans, organizes and prepares immediate workspace and adjacent areas before, during and after shift.
5. Communicates any problems or concerns regarding team members or guests to immediate Supervisor.
6. Performs other duties as assigned to support efficient operation of Department.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Two (2) or more years of recent cashiering experience required; leadership training/experience helpful.
- Demonstrative leadership skills and the ability to lead by example required.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must obtain and maintain a current Food Handlers Card within 90 days of employment.
- Will be required to obtain and maintain T.I.P.S Certification.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
Why you’ll want to work on our Team:
After 35 years, long time Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel employees still love their jobs
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel – San Manuel Casino is now Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel.
We are located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA, Our gaming resort is owned and operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority.
Phase 1 of our expansion opened July 24 with an expanded casino space offering more than 6,500 slots, five high-limit gaming rooms, live entertainment, a full array of dining options which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, the Hong Bao Kitchen, Just Barbeque, the Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, the Chingon Kitchen, Quick Bikes, the Big Mo’ Cafe, the TuTu’s Food Court and six cocktail lounges and bars.
Our luxury resort features a 17-floor hotel tower with 432 guest rooms and suites, an elevated pool deck experience, a lavish full-service spa and salon, expanded dining options, convenient 24-hour in-room dining. Our gaming resort offers sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us.
Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive Benefits Program:
Apply today to join our team!