Internal Audit Manager - Interactive Gaming - Bally's Corporation
Internal Audit Manager - Interactive Gaming
Providence, Rhode Island 02903
Nov 22, 2021
Dec 22, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The Internal Audit Manager – Interactive Gaming will ensure assets of the Company are properly safeguarded in accordance with Company policy and procedures for interactive sportsbook, fantasy sports, and online casino activities under Bally Corporation properties.
- Responsible for supervising and managing Interactive Gaming audit staff. Manages Audit Plans and goals to achieve audit objectives related to interactive gaming activities.
- Manages and develops Interactive Gaming audit staff.
- Ability to identify, assess, document and develop key risk indicators while conducting the audit risk assessment process to understand the existing and emerging risks within sports betting, fantasy sports, and online gaming.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with rules and regulations, Internal Controls, regulatory reporting, KYC, AML, Responsible Gaming and Fraud/Payments in each state of operation. Analyze online gaming regulations from an operational perspective, translate regulations into actionable requirements.
- Works with the SOX Manager to ensure required SOX testing is completed for the interactive gaming segment.
- Ensure interactive activities reviewed are aligned with best practices.
- Responsible for assisting in the budget process for the interactive gaming area and providing recommendations; ensuring compliance to departmental/region budget initiatives; reporting budget concerns to the Vice President of Internal Audit.
- Prepares and follows audit programs to conduct audits. During the audit process, assess business risk, operational efficiencies, identifies weaknesses, and recommends solutions. Additionally, executes an effective monitoring and testing program for each state of operation.
- Creates effective and efficient schedules and audit workpapers to meet audit objectives.
- Leads the audit team in the development of reports and recommendations.
- Maintains audit files in accordance with department policies and follows up to ensure audit recommendations have been implemented.
- Develops and implements alternative audit procedures to enhance operations.
- Liaises with external auditors and gaming regulators to communicate information and resolve problems, as needed.
- Develops and maintains relationships with property senior management to obtain feedback and provide additional management support, as needed.
- Communicates the status of the yearly audit plan and all projects to the Vice President of Internal Audit.
This position supervises all Internal Audit personnel in the Interactive Gaming Audit area.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) from four-year College or university in related field required.
- CPA, CIA, or CISA certification preferred but not required.
- Must have minimum of seven years of Internal Audit experience and/or training.
- Familiarity with standards, concepts, practices and procedures with Interactive Gaming, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, gaming and/or pari-mutuel wagering is desired.
- Strong understanding of SOX control framework for GAAP financial reporting.
- Ability to understand and adhere to regulatory standards and communicate effectively with Gaming Regulators.
- Strong ability to analyze and document necessary business processes.
- Knowledge of products including hardware, game, operating systems, and interoperability.
- Experience with data analysis
- Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, which can include Executive Management, clients, customers, and the public.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Must be able to travel to operations as needed.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button. You will be redirected to our career page on which you must complete our online Employment Application. If the Email Employer button is visible, you may use it to submit a resume/cover letter.
100 Twin River Road
Lincoln, RI 02865
Bally's Corporation is a leading regional casino-entertainment company with a growing omni-channel presence of online sports betting and iGaming offerings in the US. It currently owns and manages 14 casinos across 11 states, a horse racetrack in Colorado and has access to OSB licenses in 14 states.
It also owns Bet.Works, a first-in-class B2B2C sports betting platform, Monkey Knife Fight, the fastest growing daily fantasy sports site in North America, SportCaller, a leading global B2B free-to-play game provider, and the Association of Volleyball Professionals (AVP).
With more than 6,000 employees, the Company’s operations, pro forma for pending acquisitions, include 15,558 slot machines, 465 table games and 5,355 hotel rooms.
Upon closing the previously announced Tropicana Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) transaction, as well as completing the construction of a land-based casino near the Nittany Mall in State College, PA, Bally’s will own and manage 16 casinos across 12 states. Bally's also maintains a multi-year market access partnership with Elite Casino Resorts through which it will provide mobile sports betting in Iowa. The Company also maintains a temporary sports wagering permit to conduct online sports betting in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "BALY".
Properties include Twin River Casino Hotel (Lincoln, RI), Tiverton Casino Hotel (Tiverton, RI), Hard Rock Hotel & Casino (Biloxi, MS), Casino Vicksburg (Vicksburg, MS), Eldorado Resort Casino Shreveport (Shreveport, LA), Dover Downs Hotel & Casino (Dover, DE), Bally's Atlantic City (Atlantic City, NJ), Casino KC (Kansas City, MO), Bally’s Black Hawk North Casino (Black Hawk, CO), Bally’s Black Hawk West Casino (Black Hawk, CO), Bally’s Black Hawk East Casino (Black Hawk, CO), Arapahoe Park Racetrack (Aurora, CO), MontBleu Casino Resort & Spa (Stateline, NV), Tropicana Evansville (Evansville, IN), Jumer's Casino & Hotel (Rock Island, IL), and Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, NV).