Human Resources Coordinator - Sign on Bonus $500 - Spotlight 29 Casino
Human Resources Coordinator - Sign on Bonus $500
Spotlight 29 Casino
Coachella, California 92236
Oct 05, 2021
Nov 06, 2021
Type of Position:
We are seeking for a talented, skilled and experienced Human Resources Coordinator to join our team. HR Coordinator is responsible to provide support in functional areas of the human resources department, which may include but is not limited to maintaining the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), recruitment and employment, personnel records, employee relations, benefits administration, and training. Have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Use considerable judgment in answering questions and providing guidance to department managers and employees on human resources policies and procedures. May specialize in one or more areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative if the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Contact the originators of the source documents to resolve any questions, inconsistencies or missing data.
- Enter alphabetic and numeric data from source documents into human resources computer systems following the various formats displayed on the monitor screen as well as enter required codes.
- Transmit entered information into database.
- Record employee information for all tribal entities such as personal data, compensation, performance evaluations, and any changes as they occur.
- Answer Human Resources Department telephone calls, greet visitors and provide assistance, and/or refer to appropriate staff member.
- Compare data entered with source documents to detect and correct any errors that may have occurred in performing the data entry into the human resources computer system.
- Create, generate and present reports for all aspects of the Human Resources Management process and from the employment database.
- Review continually and audits on a regular basis the data contained in the human resources computer system to ensure its accuracy.
- Assist all HR specialists in their data operation needs as related to the HR database.
- Assist Benefits Coordinator as needed.
- Assist with Employee Relations matters.
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of team member grievances and coordinate responses to grievant.
- Compose and submit correspondence for approval.
- Establish, update and maintain manual and computer filing systems (e.g., databases and spreadsheets) to track information.
- Assist with New Hire Orientation, Training, Employee Events, and Recognition Programs.
- Perform oral and written translations within the organization.
- Assist with verifications of employment.
- Process billing for Drug Screens and Pre-employment physicals.
- Assist Recruiter as needed.
- Keep work areas organized.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS).
- Present positive image of the Tribe to its guests and vendors and assists them as required.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures and attends all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- One year certificate from college or technical school preferred.
- Two (2) to four (4) years related experience.
Certification, Licenses and Additional Requirements
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Integrity and high work ethic required
- Able to work with little or no supervision
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to analyze issues objectively and effectively as they apply to policy, procedure and Federal or Tribal Laws.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent telephone demeanor
- Type 40 WPM
- Able to work overtime if required
- Must be bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
- Must possess good interpersonal communication skills and apply communication skills accurately.
- Must possess good English verbal and written skills, bilingual preferred.
- Should possess at least two years of data entry and MS office (or equivalent) experience.
- Should have intermediate working knowledge of excel spreadsheets and function formulas.
- Knowledge of Kronos is preferred.
- Able to uphold a high level of confidentiality.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Will work in an office environment.
- Some enterprises are open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all hours.
- Some enterprises are gaming facilities.
- Some enterprises are not a smoke-free environment.
- Be aware that surveillance cameras and audio equipment monitor the premises recording activity throughout most of the facilities on 24-hour, 7- day per week basis.
Indian Preference Act
The Twenty Nine Palms Band of Mission Indians has a resolution on file with Human Resources to ensure that Indian Preference will be adhered to in the following order in accordance with IPA:
- Tribal Members
- Other Native Americans
- All other ethnic groups
BE PART OF THE SPOTLIGHT 29 TEAM! WE ARE OFFERING NEW HIRE SIGN ON BONUS $500!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button which will submit your Casino Careers resume. You may also use the Email Employer button to submit your resume and cover letter.
If you don’t have a resume and would like to complete a written application, please stop by our offices Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
We are located on the Second Floor by the escalators next to Blue Bar. Covered parking is available. Please be aware you’ll be required to wear a face mask and your temperature will be taken by security personnel. Please bring photo ID in case you we need you to obtain a Guest Pass for interviewing with us. Thank you!
Spotlight 29 Casino
46-200 Harrison Place
Coachella, CA 92236
Web Site: https://www.spotlight29.com
Be Part of Our Team!! There’s a reason why some of our associates have been a part of our Team for 25+ years. We are an employer of choice and proudly associated with the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Mission Indians.
As one of the larger employers of the Coachella Valley, we offer our Team Members competitive wages & benefits including medical, dental, vision educational reimbursement; discounted Team Member meals, training & development, rewards and recognition, and much more.
Spotlight 29 Casino employs over 500 local residents our casino features more than 1,500 Las Vegas-style slot machines, 35 table games, food & beverage outlets, banquet and entertainment space. Spotlight 29 Casino is located at the eastern end of the Coachella Valley on Dillon Road between Interstate 10 and Hwy 86.
Check out our other Casino...
Tortoise Rock Casino in Twentynine Palms, California is beautifully situated between the majestic Joshua Tree National Park and one of the country’s largest military training facilities—the United States Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center. We employ 150+ Team Members.
The casino offers 30,000 square feet of gaming space, with the industry's best Slot Machines, plenty of Table Games, live poker, live entertainment, along with Oasis Grille and Shelly’s Lounge.