Food & Beverage Supervisor $23.00 Hourly- Sign On Bonus $500 - Spotlight 29 Casino
Food & Beverage Supervisor $23.00 Hourly- Sign On Bonus $500
Spotlight 29 Casino
Coachella, California 92236
Jun 01, 2022
Dec 01, 2022
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
We are seeking for a skilled & experienced Food & Beverage Supervisor to coordinate food service activities of restaurant, or similar establishment by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Motivate and supervise Restaurant Staff, while maintaining outstanding guest relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement: “We are here for the guest. Period”
- Forecast and calculate labor cost and establish staffing requirements depending on business needs or anticipated traffic patterns.
- Assist in managing F&B department and cover shifts as needed.
- Assist in controlling inventory of all restaurant and bar supplies.
- Assist in hiring, training and scheduling of staff.
- Ensure all delegated tasks are completed to performance standards.
- Provide evaluations and disciplinary action, up to an including recommendations for terminations.
- Oversee state licensing/certification of food handlers.
- Maintain safety and health regulations.
- Institute and maintain cost controls.
- Share responsibility for meeting departmental budget.
- Ensure food is served in correct portions, properly garnished and at the correct temperature.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations regarding health and safety of guests and oversee compliance with departmental and company policies and procedures.
- Maintain appearance standards as outlined in departmental policies.
- Provide information and explain Players Club benefits, property amenities & marketing programs to our guests.
- Provide courteous service to our guests and be cordial to all Team Members.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Maintain a consistent, regular attendance record.
- Other duties as directed by management.
- Confer and cooperate with food preparation and F&B production personnel to plan menus and related activities such as dining room, bar, and banquet operations.
- Inspect food and service to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations.
- Investigate and resolve food quality and service complaints.
- Review financial transactions and monitors budget to ensure efficient operation, and to ensure expenditures stay within budget limitations.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS)
- Present a positive image of the Casino to its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, sanitation requirements and the applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, scheduling and assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and directing employees' performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Education and Experience
- Must possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred
- Six months to one year related experience preferred
Certification, Licenses and Additional Requirements
- Must pass periodic random drug screen
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess current ServSafe certification
- Must obtain a current Food Workers Certificate.
- Minimum three years of restaurant experience, holding progressively more responsible positions.
- Must be able to learn and work with Micros and Agilysys system.
- Trained in Safety and health as it relates to a restaurant.
- Must posse reasonable ability to communicate in English.
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee:
- Regularly required to bend, stoop lift, reach, push, pull, twist, walk, crouch, squat, walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell,
- Occasionally required to climb or balance.
- Must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all shifts. (Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays & special events as needed).
- The Casino is a gaming facility.
- The Casino is not a smoke-free environment
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, as well as high temperature equipment and products
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles as customary in food and beverage environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The work environment in the Casino is not a smoke free environment.
- The employee needs to be available at short notice for any shift necessary in the 24/7 operation and must be available to work overtime if business direct
- Be aware that surveillance cameras and audio equipment monitor the premises recording activity throughout the facility on a 24-hour, 7 – day per week basis.
Indian Preference Act
The Twenty Nine Palms Band of Mission Indians has a resolution on file with Human Resources to ensure that Indian Preference will be adhered to in the following order in accordance with IPA:
- Tribal Members
- Other Native Americans
- All other ethnic groups
BE PART OF THE SPOTLIGHT 29 TEAM! WE ARE OFFERING NEW HIRE SIGN ON BONUS $500!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button which will submit your Casino Careers resume. You may also use the Email Employer button to submit your resume and cover letter.
If you don’t have a resume and would like to complete a written application, please stop by our offices Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
We are located on the Second Floor, you may use the guest elevators next to Taproom 29. Please bring a photo ID in case we need you to obtain a Guest Pass for interviewing with us. Thank you!
Spotlight 29 Casino
46-200 Harrison Place
Coachella, CA 92236
Web Site: https://www.spotlight29.com
Be Part of Our Team!! There’s a reason why some of our associates have been a part of our Team for 25+ years. We are an employer of choice and proudly associated with the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Mission Indians.
As one of the larger employers in the Coachella Valley, we offer our Team Members competitive wages & benefits including medical, dental, vision, educational reimbursement; discounted Team Member meals, training & development, rewards and recognition, and much more.
Spotlight 29 Casino employs over 500 local residents our casino features more than 1,500 Las Vegas-style slot machines, 35 table games, food & beverage outlets, and banquet and entertainment space. Spotlight 29 Casino is located at the eastern end of the Coachella Valley on Dillon Road between Interstate 10 and Hwy 86.
Check out our other Casino...
Tortoise Rock Casino in Twentynine Palms, California is beautifully situated between the majestic Joshua Tree National Park and one of the country’s largest military training facilities—the United States Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center. We employ 150+ Team Members.
The casino offers 30,000 square feet of gaming space, with the industry's best Slot Machines, plenty of Table Games, live poker, live entertainment, along with Oasis Grille and Shelly’s Lounge.