Beverage Manager - Spotlight 29 Casino
Spotlight 29 Casino
Coachella, California 92236
Oct 04, 2021
Nov 05, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
We are seeking an experienced & enthusiastic Beverage Manager to manage and oversee the activities of training and service performance of the Beverage department and Team Members engaged in preparing and serving beverages to ensure an efficient and profitable beverage service operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement: “We are here for the guest. Period.”
- Plan or monitor the planning of all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage offering and utilization of beverage mixers and recipes, considering probable number of guests, marketing conditions, popularity of various beverages, and regency of beverage menu.
- Plan and ensure effective allocation of appropriate service employees according to the probable and actual number of guests, promotional and seasonal casino activities, customer traffic, and historic service patterns.
- Communicate in an orderly, regular and dependable fashion with all vendors and subdivisions of the Beverage operation.
- Estimate beverage and condiments consumption and prepares analysis to aid purchases or requisitions beverage stuffs, bar and service supplies.
- Coordinate with the purchasing department an approved vendor list, standard purchasing specifications (SPS), standard order contracts, approved inventory and par stock levels.
- Establish, maintain and analyze database information on all aspects of the beverage and bar operation and propose several pricing methods.
- Establish and implement procedures for requisitioning, receiving, storage, and issuing and specifications for all beverage stuffs and beverages and beverage service supplies.
- Evaluate the database information towards convenient and effective pricing, portion controls, labor controls, inventory controls, quality controls in production and service, and operational cost controls.
- Evaluate and interpret inventory results as to inventory turnover, cash flow ratio and store room requirements.
- Review beverage offerings, analyze recipes, determine food, labor, and overhead costs, and assign prices to beverage items in coordination with the Executive Chef.
- Establish beverage service policies to control costs. Maximize sales by adopting beverage menu engineering techniques.
- Supervise beverage service personnel and coordinates their assignments to ensure economical and timely beverage production and service delivery.
- Observe methods of beverage preparation and service, speed and volume of service to ensure service standards are followed in prescribed manner.
- Devise special service procedures and develop departmental operational manual and service manuals.
- Establish productivity standards, labor cost forecast, facility maximizing, cost-volume profit relationship (CVP) and marginal contribution break-even point. (MCB).
- Abides by all State, Federal and local liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
- Continually train staff in policies and procedures.
- Responsible for verification of accuracy of hours worked/reported against schedules for payroll.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS).
- Present a positive image of the Casino to its guests and vendors, and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from the time to the time.
Direct subordinate supervisors or assistants who supervise employees in the Blue Bar, the casino floor beverage service, the showroom bars and the Groove Lounge. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, profitability, efficient productivity and evaluation of these units as it pertains to beverage sales and services. Carry out administrative and supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Is directly responsible for the beverage service levels and their cost in relation to the budget and actual revenues in the above listed units Interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; appraise performance, reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolve problems.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Associate degree (AA) from two-year College preferred.
- Three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience highly preferred.
Certification, Licenses and Additional Requirements
- Must pass pre-employment and periodic random drug screens
- Must pass pre-employment physical
- Must obtain a food ServSafe certificate
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment
- Bi-lingual (English Spanish) is a plus
- Must be able to work long hours on various shifts
- Must be available for emergency calls 24/7
- Must be available to work weekend and holidays
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employees is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all shifts.
- The Casino is a gaming facility.
- The Casino is not a smoke-free environment.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The employee is occasionally required to work under extreme temperature variations ranging from cold refrigeration units to extreme heat.
- Be aware that surveillance cameras and audio equipment monitor the premises recording activity throughout the facility on a 24-hour, 7- day per week basis.
Indian Preference Act
The Twenty Nine Palms Band of Mission Indians has a resolution on file with Human Resources to ensure that Indian Preference will be adhered to in the following order in accordance with IPA:
- Tribal Members
- Other Native Americans
- All other ethnic groups
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button which will submit your Casino Careers resume. You may also use the Email Employer button to submit your resume and cover letter.
If you don’t have a resume and would like to complete a written application, please stop by our offices Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
We are located on the Second Floor by the escalators next to Blue Bar. Covered parking is available. Please be aware you’ll be required to wear a face mask and your temperature will be taken by security personnel. Please bring photo ID in case you we need you to obtain a Guest Pass for interviewing with us. Thank you!
Spotlight 29 Casino
46-200 Harrison Place
Coachella, CA 92236
Web Site: https://www.spotlight29.com
Be Part of Our Team!! There’s a reason why some of our associates have been a part of our Team for 25+ years. We are an employer of choice and proudly associated with the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Mission Indians.
As one of the larger employers of the Coachella Valley, we offer our Team Members competitive wages & benefits including medical, dental, vision educational reimbursement; discounted Team Member meals, training & development, rewards and recognition, and much more.
Spotlight 29 Casino employs over 500 local residents our casino features more than 1,500 Las Vegas-style slot machines, 35 table games, food & beverage outlets, banquet and entertainment space. Spotlight 29 Casino is located at the eastern end of the Coachella Valley on Dillon Road between Interstate 10 and Hwy 86.
Check out our other Casino...
Tortoise Rock Casino in Twentynine Palms, California is beautifully situated between the majestic Joshua Tree National Park and one of the country’s largest military training facilities—the United States Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center. We employ 150+ Team Members.
The casino offers 30,000 square feet of gaming space, with the industry's best Slot Machines, plenty of Table Games, live poker, live entertainment, along with Oasis Grille and Shelly’s Lounge.