Operational Compliance Specialist - Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
66036 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Operational Compliance Specialist
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Highland, California 92346
May 19, 2022
Aug 01, 2022
Type of Position:
The Operational Compliance Specialist (OCS) performs reviews of programs, procedures, practices and processes to assess their quality and effectiveness. In addition, this role is responsible for making recommendations for improvements, assisting in the development of remediation plans, and forecasting future program needs. The Operational Compliance Specialist may also assist the responsible departments or parties in implementing remediation strategies and/or other recommended action plans. The Operational Compliance section of the Casino Accounting Department provides services Casino-wide to both gaming and non-gaming departments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Reviews implementation and efficiency of quality and control processes. Reviews changes to policies and procedures to ensure adequate controls and segregation of duties. Plans, conducts, and monitors testing and inspection of processes to ensure quality output. Assures ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements in both gaming and non-gaming departments.
2. Prepares reports to communicate outcomes of operational compliance/quality assurance testing activities.
3. Evaluates external/internal audit and consulting firm findings or recommendations and develops plans for remediation. Identifies training needs and suggests training interventions to meet quality standards.
4. Coordinates and supports on-site audits conducted by external or internal providers.
5. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- High School Diploma required. Bachelors Degree preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelors degree.
- Minimum of 4 years working in the casino industry with at least 2 years experience performing consulting and audit work in gaming and non-gaming areas.
- Prior casino gaming regulator experience a plus.
- Experience in performing audits, reviews, and/or assessments under Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) or similar standards required.
- Experience in the areas of quality assurance, internal controls, program effectiveness, program improvement and/or regulatory matters relating to the National Indian Gaming Commission Minimum Internal Control Standards, Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, and/or OFAC matters required.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification or similar designations a plus.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
Why you’ll want to work on our Team:
After 35 years, long time Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel employees still love their jobs
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel – San Manuel Casino is now Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel.
We are located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA, Our gaming resort is owned and operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority.
Phase 1 of our expansion opened July 24 with an expanded casino space offering more than 6,500 slots, five high-limit gaming rooms, live entertainment, a full array of dining options which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, the Hong Bao Kitchen, Just Barbeque, the Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, the Chingon Kitchen, Quick Bikes, the Big Mo’ Cafe, the TuTu’s Food Court and six cocktail lounges and bars.
Our luxury resort features a 17-floor hotel tower with 432 guest rooms and suites, an elevated pool deck experience, a lavish full-service spa and salon, expanded dining options, convenient 24-hour in-room dining. Our gaming resort offers sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us.
Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive Benefits Program:
Apply today to join our team!