Program Manager, Office of the Tribal Secretary - Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Program Manager, Office of the Tribal Secretary
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Highland, California 92346
Oct 23, 2021
Dec 27, 2021
Type of Position:
Community & Government Relations
Under the direction of the Director of Administrative Operations (DAO), the Program Manager, OTS provides high-level one-on-one support to the DAO to maximize their time and effectiveness in a fast paced and high standards environment. The Program Manager moves quickly, thoughtfully, and meticulously to complete short-term and long-term assignments, sometimes independently and other times in collaboration with other leaders and their administrative teams. The Program Manager serves as the primary point of contact or “diplomatic gatekeeper” for internal and external stakeholders on matters within the Director of Administrative Operations scope. This position supports and/or leads special projects and programs that fall under the Office of the Tribal Secretary. This position is highly focused to ensure that Tribal governance is aligned in accordance with the Tribe’s objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Assists the DAO by tracking and monitoring the various activities across the Office of the Tribal Secretary, reporting resource and timing conflicts to bring to the attention of the Chief of Staff.
2. Prepares the DAO for upcoming internal and external meetings and events related to the projects/programs they oversee to ensure appropriate readiness. Coordinates the development of agendas and materials for those meetings. Oversees the quality and timeliness of briefings, reviews, and decisional materials prepared for the DAO.
3. Attends strategy meetings within the Office of the Tribal Secretary vertical; gathers and organizes information, and oversees the preparation and follow-up on high quality presentations and other deliverables related to short-term and long-term strategies. Ensures all DAO communications are created with the utmost quality and professionalism, and clearly represent the Tribe’s voice and vision.
4. Liaises with stakeholders, including leadership teams, initiative leaders, peers, and others to build or strengthen systems and processes that aid in quality decision-making and execution with transparency and accountability.
5. Follows-up with leadership on pending information or requests. Recognizes Office of the Tribal Secretary objectives and actively recommends stakeholders and resources to achieve productive outcomes.
6. Prepares information, and composes and proofreads highly accurate correspondence, memoranda, reports, letters, forms and presentations as directed, including all supporting documents, charts, spreadsheets, etc.
7. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Bachelors degree in Business Management or Business Administration is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relative experience working in governance.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Intermediate proficiency and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Preferred background in project management with familiarity in building charters, covenants and other governance documentation.
- Familiarity with project management software programs and standard practices
- Experienced at effectively working with board and executive level colleagues on assignments of highly delicate and demanding nature.
- Possesses strategic agility by anticipating future consequences and trends accurately, in addition to articulating credible visions of possibility and likelihoods accurately.
- Possesses extensive knowledge and understanding of Tribal operations and/or government processes.
- Demonstrates cross-functional awareness to successfully collaborate and build constructive and effective relationships with internal stakeholders in all disciplines, with an ability to maneuver through challenging situations.
- Holds self and others to the highest standards of integrity, selflessness, sound judgment and performance.
- Flexible, nimble, self-directed and collaborative self-starter who can quickly shuffle priorities to meet the demands of the job and be comfortable in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Strong record of accomplishment in achieving goals with outstanding execution and problem solving skills, resourcefulness, and creativity.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work effectively independently and in collaborative team environments.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the companys insurance carrier.
- As a condition of employment with the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians Office of the Tribal Secretary department, incumbents are required to undergo and successfully pass pre-employment and annual post-employment background investigation including, but not limited to, Live-Scan fingerprinting, drug screening and criminal history background check.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
Why you’ll want to work on our Team:
After 35 years, long time Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel employees still love their jobs
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
It will open the first phase of its $550 million expansion on July 24 including a new high limit room, restaurant and expanded gaming space. A 17-story hotel will open later this year and an events center early next year. The gaming floor will be expanded to more than 6,500 slot machines from 5,000 and 40 more table games will be added, bringing the total number of tables to 135.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!