Infrastructure Manager - Sandia Resort & Casino
Sandia Resort & Casino
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87113
Sep 04, 2021
Nov 26, 2021
Type of Position:
Responsible for directing, reviewing, analyzing, coordinating, and overseeing all Infrastructure Technologies, personnel and operations to include: networks, servers, security protocols, storage hardware and software while ensuring reliability, uptime, and security for all the Sandia Resort and Casino’s supporting hardware and software. Promotes and exhibits World Class Guest Service to all the Sandia Resort and Casino employees and guests.
Reports to the IT Director.
Oversees the Infrastructure area within the IT department for the Pueblo of Sandia and its enterprises.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Manages IT Infrastructure Administrator II and IT Infrastructure Administrator I. Initiates and administers supervisory employment actions and responsibilities in accordance with the Sandia Resort and Casino’s policies, SOPs, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining of employees; promoting, demoting, and reassigning employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to communicate, in writing and verbally, in English and in an effective, informative, and professional manner.
- Must be able to take direction and feedback well.
- Must possess the ability to make sound and accurate decisions.
- Must be able to accurately and successfully perform several tasks and meet deadline under high levels of stress and with minimal supervision.
- Must possess a highly developed sense of customer service and interpersonal skills including high integrity and respect for individuals.
- Must possess and exhibit a positive attitude towards internal and external guests at all times.
- Must possess strong critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Must possess excellent planning skills and proactively guide executive management to higher levels of efficiency and profitability.
- Must possess and demonstrate well-developed interpersonal and communication skills while exhibiting motivational, confidence, intelligence, leadership and teamwork characteristics.
- Must be able to manage projects, install, configure, upgrade, maintain, monitor system performance, network resources, and provide guidance to team members
- Must be able to create and present formal reports to management.
- Experience designing, implementing and supporting the following: Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange Server, Active Directory, Symantec Enterprise security products, storage area networks, backup systems and network devices including switches, routers, firewalls and other Security Appliances.
- Must have knowledge of budget preparation and management.
- Must be knowledgeable of: NIGC MICS, POIGRA Regulations, department, and organizational policy and procedures.
- Must be able to work a flexible and varying schedule to include 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on-call, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field, required.
- MCSE, CCNA, Security+, and or other professional certifications, required.
- Three (3) years progressively more responsible IT management related experience including supervising a helpdesk, application support, infrastructure support and network support personnel.
- (5) years working experience as Network Administrator or Systems Administrator in a Windows server environment, required.
- (5) years working experience administering and maintaining an enterprise network infrastructure and enterprise email system, required.
- (5) years working experience designing, implementing, and maintaining security systems in an enterprise environment, required.
- (3) years working knowledge of virtualization and storage area networks, preferred.
- Or equivalent combination of education, direct experience, licensing, in this occupation should at a minimal total seven (7) years.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the required Gaming License.
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug screening.
- Work is performed indoors.
- Work hours subject to odd and unusual hours, including weekends, overtime and being on call.
- Must be able to work long hours under stressful conditions.
- Subject to hazards which may cause personal bodily harm: smoke, common colds, influenza, dust, odors and elevated noise levels.
- Tasks may be performed on uneven, inclined, hard and soft carpeted floors, cement structures and surfaces.
- Duties may involve walking, standing for long periods of time, sitting and crouching.
- Specific required movements include the following:
- Trunk-bend, twist, rotate, push, pull, and carry
- Arms-reach, carry, push, pull, lift, twist, and rotate
- Legs-lift, push, pull, twist, and rotate
- Hands-grasp, manipulate, bilateral coordination, eye and hand coordination, overall and finger dexterity.
Salary: $72,874 - $97,652 annually
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Sandia Resort and Casino
30 Rainbow Road NE
Albuquerque, NM 87113
Phone: (800) 526-9366
The Sandia Resort and Casino is situated on the Northeast corner of Interstate 25 and Tramway Road in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Since it first opened in 1994, The Sandia Resort and Casino has undergone extensive developments to its property to provide a truly all-inclusive and luxurious experience for visitors.
Owned and operated by the Pueblo of Sandia, it was the very first Indian casino in New Mexico at its opening. Now there are approximately 25 tribal casinos in the state, including Sandia.
The goal was to create an upscale experience that was close to home for New Mexicans, while encompassing Southwestern pride and culture for out-of-state visitors. With friendly customer service and opulent amenities, this goal was not only realized, it made Sandia Resort & Casino the best place for entertainment in the state.
The Vegas-style casino floor offers 140,000 square feet of your favorite games, including more than 2,300 slots, Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Mini Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Three Card Poker, Bingo, Live Keno, and the state's largest non-smoking Poker room.
In 2021, Sandia Resort and Casino in Albuquerque, New Mexico, expanded its high limit gaming area; added a new Governor's Room, and a state-of-the-art sports bar with Class II gaming and a full menu. It features numerous big-screen TVs and an outside wrap-around deck with views of the Sandia Mountains and the city. The newly constructed entertainment space is about 50,000 square feet.
Sandia also added the Bien Shur Rooftop Restaurant & Lounge and renovated the hotel.
This is only the tip of the iceberg in regards to all that Sandia Casino has to offer. With the addition of the hotel in 2005, and another expansion in 2014 to add the golf pavilion and parking garage, Sandia Resort & Casino slowly became much more than just a place to game.
Visitors from all over the nation can now get lost in the lights and sounds of the casino floor, relax at the luxurious Green Reed Spa, dive into the outdoor pool, tee off on the 18-hole championship golf course, listen to their favorite singer at the amphitheater, dine at any of the numerous restaurants, bars, and lounges, get married to their best friend, and spend the night in one of the grand, luxury suites – all available onsite.
Come say hello to New Mexico’s best place to play – Sandia Resort & Casino!