Wardrobe Manager - Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Highland, California 92346
Sep 03, 2021
Dec 27, 2021
Type of Position:
Under the dierction of the Director of Wardrobe, the Wardrobe Manager is responsible for the successful expansion, management and operation of the enterprise-wide centralized uniform program. This position proactively manages the alignment of all stakeholders in regards to uniform production and wardrobe operations. This individual plans, organizes, assignes and reports on the ongoing efforts of the wardrobe team. This strategic leader understands the corporate drivers for success and leverages leading best practices to promote essential standards of excellence.
The Wardrobe Manager also collaborates, initiates, and supports opporutinities with other functions by championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that faithfully reflects and upholds the Tribe’s vision, mission, and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Reviews and implements the leading practices in the governance and support of an enterprise-wide uniform program.
2. Displays deep subject matter expertise about uniform programs with a solid understanding of departmental and end user interfaces.
3. Forecasts and develops all new uniform programs from concept to implementation (including styling, fabrics, cost estimating, approvals, fit lines and rollouts).
4. Establish guidelines for garment and accessory par levels and maintain inventory in the inventory management system to meet operation needs.
5. Oversees the strategy as it relates to uniform projects with process improvement to facilitate, articulate the efficiencies and maintain compliance with both internal and external regulation.
6. Establishes, executes, manages and validates operating policies to mitigate risk.
7. Aligns the work processes and procedures of wardrobe including proper team member fittings, alterations, and internal guest interactions.
8. Collaborates and aligns long-term relationships with key stakeholders to foster healthy lines of communication, progress and dispute resolution.
9. Manages monthly reporting and proper tracking of deposits, assigned garments and termed garments. Develop and use KPI’s, statistical and data analysis to drive performance, efficiency improvements and to promote standards of excellence.
10. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
11. Assumes other responsibilities, duties, tasks and assignments that contribute to the mitigation or response to public health emergencies.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training of employees; planning, assigning and directing of work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining of employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ of direct experience in a wardrobe/uniform environment required.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ of supervisory/management experience required.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Proven ability in leading collaborative relationships in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to operate and execute effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and challenging deadlines.
- Must be highly motivated, results-oriented and able to operate with a high sense of urgency.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess effective change management skills.
- Must possess working knowledge of GIMS or other garment inventory, sewing equipment, and conveyor systems.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated by developing working relationships and networks with team members, coworkers, and colleagues.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must have a current and valid Driver’s license with acceptable driving record as defined by the company insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
Why you’ll want to work on our Team:
After 35 years, long time Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel employees still love their jobs
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
It will open the first phase of its $550 million expansion on July 24 including a new high limit room, restaurant and expanded gaming space. A 17-story hotel will open later this year and an events center early next year. The gaming floor will be expanded to more than 6,500 slot machines from 5,000 and 40 more table games will be added, bringing the total number of tables to 135.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!