Server Administrator - Jamul Casino
Jamul, California 91935
Sep 02, 2021
Nov 19, 2021
Type of Position:
Jamul Casino is looking for a FUN, friendly and positive team member to join our IT team!
We are San Diego''s Closest Casino and offer excellent team member benefits like:
- Competitive pay
- Paid Time Off
- Health Benefits
- Team Member Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Career growth
- Recognition Program
- And much more!
The server administrator’s role is to design, install, administer, and optimize company servers and related components to achieve high performance of the various business applications supported by tuning the servers as necessary. This includes ensuring the availability of client/server applications, configuring all new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server environment. Serves as a liaison between IT and business partners located at a casino property. The server administrator works closely with their business partners to help identify opportunities to drive business performance using technology. The server administrator will help perform basic cost-benefit calculations, system dependency analysis and prioritization exercises related to potential opportunities for enhanced/new capability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs.
- Identifies opportunities for the use of technology to drive property profitability and growth.
- Assists with the adoption and effectiveness of technology based capabilities.
- Assists with the coordination of small to medium scale initiatives.
- Conducts research to determine if solutions to business needs currently exist at Jamul Casino.
- Participates in requirements and design sessions with business partners.
- Develop functional specifications and use cases for new capabilities
- Perform server and security audits.
- Perform system backups and recovery
- Assists with the planning and execution of user acceptance testing and change management.
- Assists with the development and evaluation of cost-benefit and ROI analyses.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or management information systems or equivalent experience
- Subject matter knowledge of Gaming Operations is preferable
- At least five years’ equivalent work experience in a technical analytical position responsible for managing server environments.
- Advanced knowledge of at least 3 of the following: Server 2016 and higher, Exchange, SQL, IIS, Proxy, Apache, Avamar backup solutions or VMware
- Exceptional abilities at load balancing, high availability, clustering, and caching procedures and processes.
- General knowledge of storage technologies such as SAN or NAS, as well as Active Directory/Global Catalog.
- 2-3 years of experience developing functional specifications, use cases and testing plans
- 2-3 years of experience leading small initiatives
- 2-3 years of working knowledge of SQL and relational database design principles
- 2-3 years of working knowledge of enterprise level backup applications
- Ability to communicate clearly, efficiently, and persuasively
- Inquisitive, self-starter who takes initiative to identify and deliver innovative solutions
- Ability to engage business partners and quickly develop trusting relationships
- Capacity for thought leadership and innovative thinking
- Ability to solve problems, think critically and overcome delivery hurdles
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume and also please complete our Company Employment Application to be considered.
You may use the Email Employer button to submit a resume/cover letter.
14145 Campo Road
Jamul, CA 91935
Web Site: https://jamulcasinosd.com
Jamul Casino is a three-story gaming and entertainment facility with approximately 200,000 square feet, featuring over 1,700 slot machines, 50 live table games, a poker room, and eight restaurants.
Table Games include Craps, Blackjack (Including Single and Double Deck) and Super 4 Progressives, Roulette, Three-Card Poker, Four-Card Poker, Mini-Baccarat, Chase the Flush, Mississippi Stud, Ultimate Texas Hold’Em, Spanish 21, Fortune Pai-Gow Poker, and Dai Bacc EZ Baccarat.
Progressive jackpots are offered on Pai Gow, Asia Poker, Three Card Poker, Four Card Poker, Ultimate Texas Hold ‘Em and Mississippi Stud.
Dining options include Prime Cut, Loft 94 Beer Garden, Emerald Chinese Cuisine, Tony Gwynn's Sports Pub, (a sports bar dedicated to the late San Diego Padres outfielder Tony Gwynn). Jamul Marketplace offers several additional eateries including Tres Taqueria, Pizza Port, Burgers & Shakes, and The Coffee Shop. The casino also offers live entertainment at JIVe Lounge. The facility provides a parking structure with approximately 1,800 spaces.
Click here to see the beautiful climate of Jamul, California.