Staff Accountant - Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Highland, California 92346
May 04, 2022
Aug 04, 2022
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
Under the direction of the Accounting Supervisor, the Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining the Casino general ledger, preparing financial statements, supporting schedules and reconciliations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares some balance sheet account reconciliations, including some bank reconciliations, and supporting schedules for month end closings.
- Assists in the preparation of financial statements monthly for departments.
- Prepares analysis between budget and actuals for some departments.
- Assists Accounting Supervisor, Accounting Manager and/or Assistant Controller with bookkeeping and maintenance of financial records.
- Maintains full general ledger maintenance and financial reporting for some departments.
- Records daily main bank transactions and reconciles them to the deposits.
- Prepares and enters new vendors into the financial system.
- Retrieves and processes documents requested by third parties including, but not limited to, credit card disputes, chargebacks, and returned items.
- Prepares and scans electronic files into the enterprise information management system.
- Maintains and organizes General Ledger files and supporting documents.
- Other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- A Bachelors degree (BS or BA) in Accounting or Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting.
- Two to four years related experience and/or training preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Familiarity and experience with general office equipment, including but not limited to 10-key calculator by touch, computerized financial systems, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) is required.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively respond to inquiries from vendors, managers, and employees.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
Why you’ll want to work on our Team:
After 35 years, long time Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel employees still love their jobs
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel – San Manuel Casino is now Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel.
We are located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA, Our gaming resort is owned and operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority.
Phase 1 of our expansion opened July 24 with an expanded casino space offering more than 6,500 slots, five high-limit gaming rooms, live entertainment, a full array of dining options which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, the Hong Bao Kitchen, Just Barbeque, the Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, the Chingon Kitchen, Quick Bikes, the Big Mo’ Cafe, the TuTu’s Food Court and six cocktail lounges and bars.
Our luxury resort features a 17-floor hotel tower with 432 guest rooms and suites, an elevated pool deck experience, a lavish full-service spa and salon, expanded dining options, convenient 24-hour in-room dining. Our gaming resort offers sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us.
Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive Benefits Program:
Apply today to join our team!