Assistant Controller - Hard Rock Hotel and Casino - Biloxi
Hard Rock Hotel and Casino - Biloxi
Biloxi, Mississippi 39533
Aug 23, 2021
Oct 24, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The Assistant Controller ensures assets of the Company are properly safeguarded in conjunction with Company policy and procedures.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Creates and maintains a positive work environment.
- Meets with all supervisors and managers on a daily/weekly basis.
- Prepares monthly financial statements in compliance with GAAP in a timely manner.
- Ensures all disciplinary actions abide by guidelines set forth by Human Resources.
- Hires, fires, trains, evaluates, and supervises overall financial and casino counting, count room, accounts payable, payroll, and warehouse functions.
- Ensures cage accountability is safeguarded.
- Establishes policies and procedures for the accounting department.
- Works with the independent accounting firm for quarterly and annual audits.
- Assists in the SEC reporting.
- Performs review of policies, procedures, and internal controls in operating departments.
- Hires, trains, and counsels direct reports.
- Supervises the Accounting Manager, Payroll Manager, and any other financial reporting/control manager
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- High School diploma general education (GED)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum of five years experience in financial accounting, management and executive level.
- Must have basic mathematical skills. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to use a ten key calculator by touch with considerable accuracy.
- Must possess basic computer skills, which includes Microsoft applications.
- Data entry skills preferred.
- Proven experience in planning, organization, and development.
- Superior understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to financial and casino issues.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- Strong tactical skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions.
- A Mississippi Gaming Commission work permit is required for this position.
- Must have an outgoing personality and enjoy dealing with people.
- Must have the ability to have fun while on duty!
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with all employees and guests.
- Ability to understand and promulgate written memos, instructions, regulations.
- Excellent telephone skills required.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
777 Beach Boulevard
Biloxi, MS 39530
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi is owned and operated by Bally’s Corporation.
The property features a Hard Rock Casino with over 1,200 slot machines and 52 table games. The Hard Rock Hotel features 479 rooms and 5 suites that overlook the Mississippi’s Gulf shore. The facility features the Soundbar Swim-Up Bar, Outdoor Pool, the Body Rock Gym and the Rock Spa, which offers services such as facials, massages, body wraps and a full-service salon.
Food & beverage venues include Tequila’s on the Gulf, the Half Shell Oyster House, Satisfaction Buffet, Sugar Factory American Brasserie, Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, Pie Five Pizza Co., Dunkin Donuts, Hard Rock Café, and the Macau Kitchen.
Hard Rock also features eleven bars, two dance clubs, a Sportsbook, a retail shop, three live music venues and a VIP Lounge. Hard Rock Live can accommodate over 2,000 guests for headline entertainment in a 9,000-square foot theater.
The parent company, Bally’s Corporation, currently owns and manages 11 casinos across seven states, a horse racetrack, and 13 authorized OTB licenses in Colorado. With more than 5,400 employees, the Company's operations include 11,859 slot machines, 405 gaming tables and 2,538 hotel rooms.