Casino Controller - Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain
Wheatland, California 95692
Aug 20, 2021
Nov 19, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The incumbent in this position is responsible for the supervision of the Revenue Audit department which entails the audit of gaming and non-gaming revenue ensuring the accuracy of reported revenues. Adheres to company and California Gaming Commission policies and regulatory compliance requirements in order to assure the safeguarding of company assets.
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to make Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain their choice for gaming entertainment; responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to team members in order to provide superior guest service.
- Hires, trains, motivates, evaluates, and manages staff in order to ensure that team members receive adequate guidance and resources to accomplish established objectives.
- Develops, implements, and monitors department standards, guidelines, and objectives, and maintains other administrative processes such as budget and staffing to ensure proper planning and efficient operation of department.
- Develops revenue audit checklists to properly address internal control and compliance requirements.
- Ensures that all daily revenue audit checklist steps have been completed and revenue properly recorded.
- Prepares, audits and distributes the daily Flash and Daily Operating Report.
- Responsible for morale of department through quality of supervision and training and provides training for all department personnel to ensure extraordinary guest service standards are met.
- Coordinates and interfaces with gaming regulators for company and audits and other regulatory issues; oversees filing and reporting requirements imposed by the Gaming Commission.
- Designs, develops, implements, monitors, and maintains gaming related management and accounting systems to ensure that systems are consistent with accounting and gaming requirements. Involvement in various other projects as assigned.
- Provides recommendations to management on issues pertaining to gaming audit, accounting, and regulations in order to provide informational and analytical support for management decision-making.
- Keeps abreast of federal, state, and local laws to ensure that Hard Rock Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain is in compliance with all laws and regulations and protected from liabilities.
- Performs special audits to provide high level of expertise on matters of a complex or sensitive nature.
- Attend and participate in meetings, completing follow-up as assigned.
- Perform work regularly and predictably.
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing work and public spaces.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)
This knowledge and these abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a Bachelor''s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field and 5 years related work experience with 2 years in a supervisory capacity or through a high school diploma or equivalent and 7 years experience with 2 years in a supervisory capacity.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc):
- Must obtain and maintain valid licenses / certifications per Federal, State, Gaming Commission regulations
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must successfully pass drug screening.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Prior experience in the Gaming industry strongly preferred.
- Managing Fire Mountain revenue audit operations.
- SDS VLT Accounting System and Infinium General Ledger System
- Federal and State gaming laws.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Budget process, financial statements, accounting principles, and property policies and procedures.
- The California Gaming Commission, including principles and practices of a capital and operations budget.
- Procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, email, spreadsheets, and databases to include excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Research, analyze, comprehend, and act upon information and be aware of the business environment in order to effectively manage areas of responsibility.
- Effectively communicate with guests, outside contacts, and all levels of team members.
- Observe and direct actions of subordinates.
- Use a calculator, computer keyboard, and computer applications including spreadsheet programs.
- Be flexible to work varying shifts and time schedules as needed.
- This position spends time on the Casino floor and is subject to varying levels of crowds and noise.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain
3317 Forty Mile Road
Wheatland, CA 95961
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain located in beautiful Wheatland, CA, features the latest in live music and entertainment, hospitality, world-class gaming and exceptional cuisine.
The property is Hard Rock's first Vegas-style casino in California and offers a hotel with 169 guest rooms,which includes 31 suites, a large gaming facility with more than 1,500 slots and 57 table games, including a room filled with Aristocrat’s Lightning Link games and an exclusive Asian gaming room. Dining options include Council Oak Steaks, Fresh Harvest, Hard Rock Cafe, Sòng, Youyu Noodle Bar, and Constant Grind.
The property includes signature brand amenities like the Sound of Your Stay® in-room music program, a Rock Shop® and a Body Rock® fitness center. Additionally, the project marks a historic partnership between two Native American Tribes – The Seminole Tribe of Florida, owners of Hard Rock International, and Enterprise Rancheria.
Owners of the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain property, the Estom Yumeka Maidu Tribe of the Enterprise Rancheria is a sovereign Native American Nation offering diverse tribal government services and programs that improve the quality of life for its some 1,000 tribal citizens and surrounding communities in Northern California.