Executive Assistant, Analytics & Insights - Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Executive Assistant, Analytics & Insights
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Highland, California 92346
Aug 12, 2021
Nov 26, 2021
Type of Position:
Under the direction of the Vice President, Analytics & Insights and Vice President, Strategic Marketing, the Executive Assistant is responsible for providing high-level administrative and professional executive support. This position enhances the executive effectiveness utilizing excellent communication and time management skills, through the execution of a variety of moderately complex administrative/coordination duties requiring sensitivity, initiative and independent judgment. The Executive Assistant serves as a liaison between the enterprise?s entities/projects, leadership, departments, clients and community leaders.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Processes contracts and proposals as appropriate, including entry in the contract review system for review and follow-up.
2. Supports the annual budget process by planning and tracking expenses accordingly. Reconciles executives? company credit card statements for timely approval and payment. Processes payroll, payments to vendors, manages budgets and resolves any issues that arise on behalf of the department.
3. Manages the daily calendars for the Vice President of Analytics & Insights and Vice President of Strategic Marketing, scheduling meetings, appointments and coordinating participation by other members of their respective teams.
4. Organizes programs, coordinates participation in events and/or conferences, and arranges for facilities and catering, and issues information and invitations, as appropriate. Organizes recruiting efforts in support of the Analytics & Insights and Strategic Marketing teams.
5. Conducts and analyzes print and research and prepares related materials and reports for executive review. Assists with competitive research. Ensures that executive-review/signature request materials are properly submitted, reviewing for completion and accuracy prior to providing to executives.
6. Organizes and maintains department files and other confidential records and databases through document retention systems. Organizes office logistics and ensures team members have proper tools and equipment i.e. computers, monitors, etc.
7. Prepares packages for meetings by developing agendas, collating materials, and uploading documents for in-person or electronic presentations. Arranges and assists in planned meetings; prepares summaries of meetings and conferences, as appropriate.
8. Coordinates travel arrangements accommodations and arrangements per internal protocols.
9. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Associates degree in Business Administration or related field is required.
- Bachelors? degree in related field is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years progressive administrative support experience supporting directors and above is required.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Strong computer skills with proven mastery of Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint) is required.
- Must be adaptable to the varied schedule and changing priorities of the executives.
- Ability to establish a high level of trust and credibility in the enterprise.
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion, analyzing and resolving confidential, difficult and sensitive situations with grace, diplomacy and tact.
- Experience working within a data, analytics, information technology, or research organization is preferred.
- Must be proactive and resourceful with the ability to work autonomously within scope defined by leadership.
- Polished and professional demeanor in person, online and via phone.
- Must be willing to work as part of a team, providing support for teammates to achieve common goals, as needed.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the enterprise, including senior leadership and Tribal Citizens.
- Must possess exceptional advanced written and verbal communication skills in both an informational and persuasive manner.
- Highly organized with strong strategic prioritization, planning and time management skills including the ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround is required.
- Inspires the confidence and open communication of managers to ascertain critical information necessary to produce deliverables in alignment with executive directives and initiatives.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Certifications such as Certified Professional Secretary (CPS) or Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) certification are preferred.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
Why you’ll want to work on our Team:
After 35 years, long time Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel employees still love their jobs
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
It will open the first phase of its $550 million expansion on July 24 including a new high limit room, restaurant and expanded gaming space. A 17-story hotel will open later this year and an events center early next year. The gaming floor will be expanded to more than 6,500 slot machines from 5,000 and 40 more table games will be added, bringing the total number of tables to 135.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!