Manager, Operational Compliance - Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Manager, Operational Compliance
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Highland, California 92346
Dec 11, 2021
Feb 23, 2022
Type of Position:
The Operational Compliance Manager (OC Manager) is responsible for overseeing/performing comprehensive quality assurance reviews in support of the San Manuel Casino Accounting Department policies and procedures. The OC Manager conducts and leads periodic, ongoing quality assurance reviews of internal programs and operations. This role identifies and assesses any noted deficiencies and/or inefficiencies in both gaming and non-gaming departments. The OC Manager is also responsible for preparing detailed reports of their findings and recommendations in a professional manner consistent with industry practices. The OC Manager is responsible for making presentations to the Senior VP of Casino Finance and executives to reporting findings and present recommendations. The OC Manager role is critical to managing risk, and provides the Senior VP of Casino Finance and other executives their assessment of the risks associated with Casino programs, products, and services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provides managerial oversight of OC section including work performed by team members and related administrative tasks. Provides guidance and direction to team members performing OC reviews. Determines work assignments taking into account complexity of assignment and skill level necessary to perform work.
2. Ensures work performed by team members meets regulatory requirements, industry standards, practices and expectations set by the Senior VP, Casino Finance relative to evaluating program quality and effectiveness, identifies areas for improvement, and forecasts future program needs. Performs and directs internal operational process audits and assessment activities for enterprise departments supported by OC Team. Performs review and evaluation of work on programs for complex and sensitive cases, as needed. Reviews draft reports prepared by staff and approves all final reports for submission to management.
3. Manages and provides feedback to associates and management via meetings, collaboration and reports. Makes presentations to Department management, executive management and Tribal Business Committee.
4. Leads quality process development and improvement initiatives with respective departments. Plans, measures and analyzes data, monitors trends and evaluates process and service quality and service quality gaps.
5. Develops annual Quality Assurance Review Plan after taking into consideration feedback from Senior VP, Casino Finance and other executive management. In collaboration with Senior VP, Casino Finance, coordinates all internal and external audit reviews including documentation, written responses and negotiations.
6. Performs other duties as assigned to support efficient operation of department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the enterprise?s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Bachelor?s Degree required.
- Minimum seven (7) years? experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of Supervisory and/or senior level auditor experience in the areas of audit, quality control or risk management.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Experience in performing audits, reviews, and/or assessments under Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) or similar standards (e.g. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards).
- Experience in the areas of quality assurance, internal controls, program effectiveness, program improvement and/or regulatory matters relating to the Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, and/or OFAC matters.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, analytical, research and managerial experience in leading teams on audits or projects.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of the organization.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, SharePoint, and relevant audit software required.
- Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking and work under pressure.
- Experience performing consulting/auditing work in the casino industry, and/or working for a casino regulator preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certifications/licenses preferred.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
Why you’ll want to work on our Team:
After 35 years, long time Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel employees still love their jobs
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel – San Manuel Casino is now Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel.
We are located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA, Our gaming resort is owned and operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority.
Phase 1 of our expansion opened July 24 with an expanded casino space offering more than 6,500 slots, five high-limit gaming rooms, live entertainment, a full array of dining options which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, the Hong Bao Kitchen, Just Barbeque, the Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, the Chingon Kitchen, Quick Bikes, the Big Mo’ Cafe, the TuTu’s Food Court and six cocktail lounges and bars.
Our luxury resort features a 17-floor hotel tower with 432 guest rooms and suites, an elevated pool deck experience, a lavish full-service spa and salon, expanded dining options, convenient 24-hour in-room dining. Our gaming resort offers sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us.
Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive Benefits Program:
Apply today to join our team!