Accountant I - Sign on Bonus $500 - Spotlight 29 Casino
Accountant I - Sign on Bonus $500
Spotlight 29 Casino
Coachella, California 92236
Aug 06, 2021
Dec 01, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
We are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Accountant I to join our finance team successfully applying the principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform the position of Accountant I successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement: “We are here for the guest. Period”
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare journal entries to general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions, and maintaining an accurate payable function.
- Record journal entries to accurately reflect appropriate accrual basis revenue transactions, including comps, for all profit centers and other income items as required. Reconcile to secondary systems and ancillary reports for reasonableness.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers.
- Monitor a system of controls, procedures and forms for managing fixed assets as documented by company policies and procedures.
- Record fixed assets acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system(s)
- Reconcile the balances(s) in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger(s), to the corresponding general ledger account(s).
- Review and update all detailed scheduled of fixed assets, and accumulated depreciation.
- Audits contracts, orders and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- Prepares account reconciliation to agree sub ledger detail with general ledger balance.
- Makes recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Conducts studies and submits recommendations for improving the organization's accounting operation.
- Collects appropriate data and prepares federal, state, and local reports and tax returns.
- Maintain balance sheet reports run from report writer on infinium system.
- Conduct random Inventory audits for various Casino venues.
- Present a positive image of the Casino to its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (MUST BE DOCUMENTED):
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University
- Two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certification, Licenses and Additional Requirements
- Must pass periodic random drug screens
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all shifts.
- The Casino is a gaming facility.
- The Casino is not a smoke-free environment. Must be able to tolerate a smoking environment.
- Be aware that surveillance cameras and audio equipment monitor the premises recording activity throughout the facility on a 24-hour, 7 – day per week basis.
Indian Preference Act
The Twenty Nine Palms Band of Mission Indians has a resolution on file with Human Resources to ensure that Indian Preference will be adhered to in the following order in accordance with IPA:
- Tribal Members
- Other Native Americans
- All other ethnic groups
BE PART OF THE SPOTLIGHT 29 TEAM! WE ARE OFFERING NEW HIRE SIGN ON BONUS $500!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button which will submit your Casino Careers resume. You may also use the Email Employer button to submit your resume and cover letter.
If you don’t have a resume and would like to complete a written application, please stop by our offices Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
We are located on the Second Floor by the escalators next to Blue Bar. Covered parking is available. Please be aware you’ll be required to wear a face mask and your temperature will be taken by security personnel. Please bring photo ID in case you we need you to obtain a Guest Pass for interviewing with us. Thank you!
Spotlight 29 Casino
46-200 Harrison Place
Coachella, CA 92236
Web Site: https://www.spotlight29.com
Be Part of Our Team!! There’s a reason why some of our associates have been a part of our Team for 25+ years. We are an employer of choice and proudly associated with the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Mission Indians.
As one of the larger employers of the Coachella Valley, we offer our Team Members competitive wages & benefits including medical, dental, vision educational reimbursement; discounted Team Member meals, training & development, rewards and recognition, and much more.
Spotlight 29 Casino employs over 500 local residents our casino features more than 1,500 Las Vegas-style slot machines, 35 table games, food & beverage outlets, banquet and entertainment space. Spotlight 29 Casino is located at the eastern end of the Coachella Valley on Dillon Road between Interstate 10 and Hwy 86.
Check out our other Casino...
Tortoise Rock Casino in Twentynine Palms, California is beautifully situated between the majestic Joshua Tree National Park and one of the country’s largest military training facilities—the United States Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center. We employ 150+ Team Members.
The casino offers 30,000 square feet of gaming space, with the industry's best Slot Machines, plenty of Table Games, live poker, live entertainment, along with Oasis Grille and Shelly’s Lounge.