Director of Human Resources - Spotlight 29 Casino
Director of Human Resources
Spotlight 29 Casino
Coachella, California 92236
Aug 03, 2021
Mar 01, 2022
Type of Position:
We are seeking for experienced and skilled Director of Human Resources to join our growing organization. Director of Human Resources develops policy and directs and coordinates human resources activities for all tribal entities such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, and employee services by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analyze wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plans.
- Plan and submit for approval the annual budget for human resources department.
- Plan and submit for approval the wage and salary schedules adhering to budgetary controls and market-driven expectations.
- Assist, coordinate and help personnel forecast to project employment needs and to determine the number of positions in each department.
- Consult legal counsel to ensure that the company’s policies comply with federal, state and compact regulations.
- Work directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Consult with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the Tribal Administration, on personnel matters.
- Develop and maintain a human resources system that meets management information needs.
- Plan and oversee the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, and all departments in the organization.
- Plan and submit policies for approval based upon on the findings in any study of Federal legislation, arbitration decisions, or other mandated Federal or Compact changes.
- Communicates changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
- Ensure proper recruitment and placement of personnel of qualified individuals in accordance with Federal Labor Laws.
- Recommend, evaluate and participate in staff development for the organization.
- Oversee HR audits and compliance.
- Implement Team Member recognition programs.
- Ensure effective Team Member communication through different platforms.
- Oversee the administration of health benefits.
- Write and deliver presentations to General Manager, Gaming Commission, and/or Tribal Council regarding human resources policies and practices, upon request.
- Ensure Indian Preference Policies are followed in recruitment and promotions.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS).
- Present a positive image of the Tribe to its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings, TERC and training as a condition of employment.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Direct the activities of the human resources staff. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certification, Licenses and Additional Requirements
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment
- Possess a prudent management style and inspiring leadership qualities
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- Focus on safety and quality
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Trustworthy and responsible
- Able to uphold a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including conflict resolutions skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the demands of the ownership and management.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
- Passion for the Tribe’s mission
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made if requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Will work in an office environment
- Ability to travel.
- Some enterprises are open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all hours
- Some enterprises are gaming facilities
- Some enterprises are not a smoke-free environment
- Be aware that surveillance cameras and audio equipment monitor the premises recording activity throughout most of the facilities on 24-hour, 7- day per week basis
Indian Preference Act
The Twenty Nine Palms Band of Mission Indians has a resolution on file with Human Resources to ensure that Indian Preference will be adhered to in the following order in accordance with IPA:
- Tribal Members
- Other Native Americans
- All other ethnic groups
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button which will submit your Casino Careers resume. You may also use the Email Employer button to submit your resume and cover letter.
If you don’t have a resume and would like to complete a written application, please stop by our offices Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
We are located on the Second Floor by the escalators next to Blue Bar. Covered parking is available. Please be aware you’ll be required to wear a face mask and your temperature will be taken by security personnel. Please bring photo ID in case you we need you to obtain a Guest Pass for interviewing with us. Thank you!
Spotlight 29 Casino
46-200 Harrison Place
Coachella, CA 92236
Web Site: https://www.spotlight29.com
Be Part of Our Team!! There’s a reason why some of our associates have been a part of our Team for 25+ years. We are an employer of choice and proudly associated with the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Mission Indians.
As one of the larger employers of the Coachella Valley, we offer our Team Members competitive wages & benefits including medical, dental, vision educational reimbursement; discounted Team Member meals, training & development, rewards and recognition, and much more.
Spotlight 29 Casino employs over 500 local residents our casino features more than 1,500 Las Vegas-style slot machines, 35 table games, food & beverage outlets, banquet and entertainment space. Spotlight 29 Casino is located at the eastern end of the Coachella Valley on Dillon Road between Interstate 10 and Hwy 86.
Check out our other Casino...
Tortoise Rock Casino in Twentynine Palms, California is beautifully situated between the majestic Joshua Tree National Park and one of the country’s largest military training facilities—the United States Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center. We employ 150+ Team Members.
The casino offers 30,000 square feet of gaming space, with the industry's best Slot Machines, plenty of Table Games, live poker, live entertainment, along with Oasis Grille and Shelly’s Lounge.