Retail Sales Associate Part Time - 1891 Boutique - Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Retail Sales Associate Part Time - 1891 Boutique
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Highland, California 92346
Aug 03, 2021
Nov 19, 2021
Type of Position:
The Retail Sales Associate is an outgoing and motivated individual who thrives in a highly interactive environment and is truly an ambassador of the art of the industry. The Retail Sales Associate is responsible for guiding, informing, and catering to each guest to create memorable, top-tier guest experiences, with the motivation of driving high performance goals. This role is a key contributor within a dynamic selling environment where their selling strength makes them an important part of the success of the team. The Retail Sales Associate?s high visibility requires a strong sense of professionalism, including the continuous championing of the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that reflects and upholds the Tribal Community?s vision, mission and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Delights guests with outstanding customer service to the standards set by San Manuel Casino and the Retail Department, while maintaining a visible presence and contact with all customers.
2. Provides all guests with an enthusiastic greeting and engages in friendly conversation, while educating, informing and focusing on each guest to drive performance results.
3. Demonstrates a pro-active attitude in a consistent effort to sell, providing solutions that best meet or exceed the guests? needs by asking open ended questions with the intent of pairing similar items to enhance guest experience.
4. Performs and accurately records retail transactions including cash, credit card, Earned Rewards and comps through Point of Sale System using proper procedures.
5. Maintains a cash drawer and balances drawer at the end of their shift, maintaining a minimum of variances.
6. Continuously replenishes and restocks merchandise to ensure store is appropriately supplied at all times.
7. Responsible for day to day tasks including but not limited to; straightening merchandise, dusting, cleaning shelves, organizing and consistently upholding merchandise presentations.
8. Responsible for informing guests about Club Serrano benefits and all upcoming promotions.
9. Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
High School Diploma or GED required.
Guest Service experience preferred.
Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience required indicated above.
Excellent verbal and interpersonal skill.
Ability to communicate effectively with guests, team members and management.
Must have the ability to meet or exceed sales goals, as well as excel in customer service standards.
Ability to work Point of Sales system with appropriate training.
Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
Must be comfortable exchanging names with customers.
Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor in a fast paced environment.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver?s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company?s insurance carrier.
Must undergo and successfully pass a background investigation to obtain and maintain a Class ?A? Gaming license issued by the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
Why you’ll want to work on our Team:
After 35 years, long time Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel employees still love their jobs
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
It will open the first phase of its $550 million expansion on July 24 including a new high limit room, restaurant and expanded gaming space. A 17-story hotel will open later this year and an events center early next year. The gaming floor will be expanded to more than 6,500 slot machines from 5,000 and 40 more table games will be added, bringing the total number of tables to 135.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!