Barback- Casino Floor - Sandia Resort & Casino
Barback- Casino Floor
Sandia Resort & Casino
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87113
Jul 31, 2021
Nov 26, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Provide the bar area with supplies and provide the bartender with items on request. Assuring that guests have a positive gaming experience.
Supervised by the Beverage Supervisor
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleans bar equipment and replenishes bar supplies, such as liquor, fruit, ice, cups, napkins and dishes as needed.
- Stocks refrigerating units with wines and bottled beer using the FIFO rotation system, replaces empty beer kegs using safe lifting techniques and assists with preparing garnish for drinks using proper food handling skills.
- Washes glasses, bar tops and back counters, polishes bar fixtures, mops floors and removes empty bottles and trash.
- Participation in Daily Stand Up Meetings to ensure property communications are understood.
- Timely completion of computer assisted training.
- Assists with stocking service stations at the casino lounges and on the casino floor
- Assists with coverage for bartenders and cocktail servers during breaks
- Responsible for maintaining a valid Alcohol Certification at all times in conjunction with a valid form of identification at all times when working on the beverage floor
- Ensure the safety and security of co-workers and guests.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Use of all bar equipment and cash registers.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- The ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Six (6) months experience in food and/or beverage field.
High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
Must be able to successfully pass a stringent background investigation.
Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug screening.
Must obtain and maintain a New Mexico Alcohol Server’s License within 30 days of hire date.
Work is performed indoors and outdoors. Outside work is subject to temperature extremes and inclement weather conditions.
Work hours subject to change with overtime work required.
Subject to hazards which may cause personal bodily harm; smoke; diseases; cuts bruises, burns, common cold, influenza, dust, odors and elevated noise levels.
Tasks may be performed on uneven, inclined, hard and soft carpeted floors, cement structures and surfaces.
Duties may involve walking, standing for long periods of time, sitting and crouching.
Specific required movements include the following:
Trunk- bend, twist, rotate, push, pull, carry.
Arms – reach, carry, lift, twist, and rotate.
Legs – lift, push, pull, twist, and rotate.
Hands – Grasp, manipulate bilateral coordination, hand and eye coordination, and overall and finger dexterity.
- Casino exposed to temperatures that may vary, noise, smoke, and bright lights.
Walking/Standing 55%, Bending/Lifting 40% (up to 75 lbs.), Sitting 5%
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Sandia Resort and Casino
30 Rainbow Road NE
Albuquerque, NM 87113
Phone: (800) 526-9366
The Sandia Resort and Casino is situated on the Northeast corner of Interstate 25 and Tramway Road in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Since it first opened in 1994, The Sandia Resort and Casino has undergone extensive developments to its property to provide a truly all-inclusive and luxurious experience for visitors.
Owned and operated by the Pueblo of Sandia, it was the very first Indian casino in New Mexico at its opening. Now there are approximately 25 tribal casinos in the state, including Sandia.
The goal was to create an upscale experience that was close to home for New Mexicans, while encompassing Southwestern pride and culture for out-of-state visitors. With friendly customer service and opulent amenities, this goal was not only realized, it made Sandia Resort & Casino the best place for entertainment in the state.
The Vegas-style casino floor offers 140,000 square feet of your favorite games, including more than 2,300 slots, Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Mini Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Three Card Poker, Bingo, Live Keno, and the state's largest non-smoking Poker room.
In 2021, Sandia Resort and Casino in Albuquerque, New Mexico, expanded its high limit gaming area; added a new Governor's Room, and a state-of-the-art sports bar with Class II gaming and a full menu. It features numerous big-screen TVs and an outside wrap-around deck with views of the Sandia Mountains and the city. The newly constructed entertainment space is about 50,000 square feet.
Sandia also added the Bien Shur Rooftop Restaurant & Lounge and renovated the hotel.
This is only the tip of the iceberg in regards to all that Sandia Casino has to offer. With the addition of the hotel in 2005, and another expansion in 2014 to add the golf pavilion and parking garage, Sandia Resort & Casino slowly became much more than just a place to game.
Visitors from all over the nation can now get lost in the lights and sounds of the casino floor, relax at the luxurious Green Reed Spa, dive into the outdoor pool, tee off on the 18-hole championship golf course, listen to their favorite singer at the amphitheater, dine at any of the numerous restaurants, bars, and lounges, get married to their best friend, and spend the night in one of the grand, luxury suites – all available onsite.
Come say hello to New Mexico’s best place to play – Sandia Resort & Casino!