Supervisor - Cage - Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain
Supervisor - Cage
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain
Wheatland, California 95692
Jul 31, 2021
Nov 19, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The incumbent in this position is responsible for developing an environment that creates excitement for guests and team members, promoting and retaining a highly skilled work force. The incumbent is also responsible for ensuring accurate and secure operation of the cashier cages and miscellaneous count room on assigned shift, while providing excellent guest service. Implements and maintains policies and procedures that maximize the cashing of negotiable instruments and intra-departmental transactions on an assigned shift.
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to make Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain their choice for gaming entertainment; responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to team members in order to provide superior guest service.
- Hires, trains, motivates, evaluates and supervises staff to ensure team members receive adequate guidance and resources to accomplish established job and department objectives.
- Monitors and coordinates activities of cage personnel such as cashing out vouchers on assigned shift to maintain integrity of cage funds.
- Works with high-limit guests to ensure they are provided with prompt, courteous and friendly service.
- Reviews relevant gaming regulations daily to ensure that the cage is in compliance with all Gaming/Lottery commission regulations, as well as company policies and procedures.
- Attend and participate in meetings, completing follow-up as assigned.
- Attend seminars when needed.
- Perform work regularly and predictably.
- Other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)
This knowledge and these abilities are typically acquired through 3 years experience in cashiering or banking operations and/or through a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or a related field and 1 year closely related experience.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc):
- Must obtain and maintain valid licenses / certifications per Federal, State and ERGC Gaming regulations.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must successfully pass drug screening.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends, as well as flexible shifts and/or unusual hours.
- Prior experience in the Gaming industry strongly preferred.
- The Gaming industry, including principles and practices of a capital and operations budget.
- Procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, email, spreadsheets, and databases to include excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- All levels of the Cage operations.
- Gaming control regulations.
- Ability to use computer keyboard, telephone, coin machine, 10-key, computers, check encoder, microfiche, and microfilmer.
- Communicate effectively with subordinates, coworkers, and management.
- Count and separate varying denominations of vouchers and currency.
- Perform basic mathematical functions.
- Motivate and direct the performance of subordinates.
- Be flexible to work varying shifts and time schedules as needed.
- This position spends time on the Casino floor and is subject to varying levels of crowds and noise, and the severity of which depends upon guest volume.
- Deliver a service level which creates an atmosphere that makes our guests want to return, giving each guest a positive, memorable entertainment experience.
- Interpret and explain policies and procedures.
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of California.
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain
3317 Forty Mile Road
Wheatland, CA 95961
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain located in beautiful Wheatland, CA, features the latest in live music and entertainment, hospitality, world-class gaming and exceptional cuisine.
The property is Hard Rock's first Vegas-style casino in California and offers a hotel with 169 guest rooms,which includes 31 suites, a large gaming facility with more than 1,500 slots and 57 table games, including a room filled with Aristocrat’s Lightning Link games and an exclusive Asian gaming room. Dining options include Council Oak Steaks, Fresh Harvest, Hard Rock Cafe, Sòng, Youyu Noodle Bar, and Constant Grind.
The property includes signature brand amenities like the Sound of Your Stay® in-room music program, a Rock Shop® and a Body Rock® fitness center. Additionally, the project marks a historic partnership between two Native American Tribes – The Seminole Tribe of Florida, owners of Hard Rock International, and Enterprise Rancheria.
Owners of the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain property, the Estom Yumeka Maidu Tribe of the Enterprise Rancheria is a sovereign Native American Nation offering diverse tribal government services and programs that improve the quality of life for its some 1,000 tribal citizens and surrounding communities in Northern California.