Casino Cage Assistant Shift Manager **Up To $1,000 Sign-On Bonus** - Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Casino Cage Assistant Shift Manager **Up To $1,000 Sign-On Bonus**
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
Nov 24, 2021
Jan 24, 2022
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
In this fast paced, high energy environment where accuracy is essential, how do we keep track of our many casino transactions? As a Cage Assistant Shift Manager you will be responsible for a key part of the tracking process by ensuring the smooth operation of Cage areas such as ticket redemption units, vault, and cage cashier bankrolls. You will also oversee the work of approximately 20 Cage Cashiers and Cage Main Bankers on your shift.
While carrying out the job duties listed below, you will contribute to our continued success by demonstrating unsurpassed guest service, a high level of integrity and ethical standards, and personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Oversee the day to day operation of all Cage areas on assigned shift to include but not limited to Cage Cashier bankrolls, and ticket redemption units on the floor, the vault, and any other Cage operated area.
- *Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but not limited to interview, hire and train team members; plan, assign, and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline team members; address complaints and resolve problems.
- *Ensure cashier equipment is in good working condition and assigned work areas are fully functioning.
- * Ensure all cash banks balance. Identify and properly report unresolved cash variances.
- *Process, track, report, and balance the high volume of transactions performed using several different software applications and electronic equipment including a point-of sale system.
- Assist Investigations and Accounting with the investigation of cage operations discrepancies.
- Maintain knowledge of local jurisdiction gaming laws, federal, and state regulations.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma and 3 years of progressively responsible related cash handling experience are required. An Associate’s degree can take the place of 1 year of experience.
- Previous supervisory experience is required.
- The ability to demonstrate basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and counting using whole numbers and United States currency.
- Office skills must include the ability to use standard office equipment including a calculator and basic computer knowledge. Previous experience using a point-of-sale (POS) system preferred.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- The ability to interact with guests and team members at all levels of the organization professionally, including the ability to speak in front of small groups.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk, hear, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, stand, and move for duration of scheduled shift. The team member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The team member must be able to operate a personal computer. The team member is be required to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects up to 25 pounds on a regular basis and up to 50 pounds occasionally, with assistance. Team member must wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing job duties. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
**Up To $1,000 Sign-On Bonus**
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
1721 W. Canal Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Web Site: https://www.paysbig.com
Click Here to see all of our career opportunities and sign-on bonuses!
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, located in downtown Milwaukee, WI. is one of two casinos owned and operated by the Forest County Potawatomi Community.
Our casino offer 100 table games, 3,000 slot machines, a 1,440-seat Bingo Hall, Poker Room and an Off-Track Betting Room 24/7. Our gaming facility also features a 500-room hotel, a 500-seat theater, seven unique restaurants, and over 60,000 square feet of banquet space.
You must be at least 18 years of age to apply. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
As authorized by Federal Law, Forest County Potawatomi Community reserves the right to exercise preference for qualified Tribal/Indian members in connection with all job postings.
We like to reward and recognize team members for a job well done. So, we offer some awesome perks, like festival tickets, tickets to sporting events and more, as well as team member-only amenities, including our on-site dining area and fitness center.
Our comprehensive Benefits Package includes:
- Basic Life
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Free On-site Workplace Health Clinic
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement Services
- Competitive Wages
- Paid time off
- Free parking
- Free uniforms
- Wellness Program
- Free 24 hour Fitness Center
- Free or discounted tickets to area attractions, festivals and events
- Guest Service Award program
- Paid training and advancement opportunities
- Team member appreciation events ...and much more!